Commonwealth Bank Home Loans
“CommBank CAN.” (Commonwealth Bank of Australia)
CBA Home Loan Rates & Options:
Here’s a snapshot of Commonwealth Bank’s home loans, rates & options. Please note that this table is formulated based on a value of $600,000 in NSW, paying both principal and interest, and is sorted by current rate (lowest to highest). To compare other home loans, click here.
Compare Home Loans
The inclusions below represent a selection of the features available with a standard Variable Rate home loan of $350,000 for an owner-occupier. CANSTAR is not making any suggestion or recommendation to you about this product. Please see our comparison tables for more details information about products on offer from this provider.
Additional conditions may apply to different features. Please ensure that you read the product disclosure statement to determine all the current loan terms and conditions for the product you are considering.
Variable home loan features
- Redraw facility available.
- Offset facility available on some loans.
- Split loan facility available.
- Additional repayments allowed.
- Repayment holiday available for up to 12 months.
- Interest only repayments available.
- Top up feature available.
- Repayments may be made weekly, fortnightly, or monthly.
What types of home loans does the Commonwealth Bank offer?
At the time of writing, Commonwealth Bank offers the following types of home loans:
- Variable rate home loan
- Fixed rate home loan
- Line of credit home loan
- Investment home loan
Find out about how different types of home loans work here.
See our comparison tables for details of CommBank home loans:
You can apply for a CommBank home loan by completing an online application, and then taking a phone call from a Commonwealth Bank Home Loan Specialist to sort through the rest of the process. You can also apply by requesting an appointment with one of CommBank’s mobile lenders, by calling CommBank on 13 22 21 (open 24/7), or by visiting a Commonwealth Bank branch.
Follow our applying for a home loan checklist, and use the Canstar website to compare CommBank home loans with other home loans before choosing a product that suits your needs:
Yes, Commonwealth Bank allows extra repayments on their variable interest home loans. Terms and conditions apply; contact your lender for details.
Yes, Commonwealth Bank offers redraw facilities on their variable rate home loans. Fees and charges may apply to use of a redraw facility; contact your lender for details.
Commonwealth Bank home loan repayments can be made online on Netbank, through the CommBank mobile app, or at a Commonwealth Bank Branch.
If you’re in the market for a home loan, compare your home loan options with CANSTAR:
The Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CommBank) was founded in 1911 as the government bank for our young nation, and they are still Australia’s largest provider of financial services.
If you’re interested in insuring your new home with the same institution, CommInsure offers a discount for buying an insurance policy online (at the time of writing). They offer home insurance, landlord insurance, and loan and credit repayment protection insurance.
CommBank’s Property Guide mobile app makes it easy to search for your next home anywhere and anytime. Using the app you can now search for properties, assess the estimated market price, work out how affordable a mortgage on that property would be, and apply for a home loan from CommBank. Co-created with Realestate.com.au and RP Data, this app is available for Apple and Android devices.
First home buyers will enjoy CommBank’s series of videos on buying a home.
- Children’s health: CommBank sponsors the Clown Doctors to help kids in hospital forget they’re sick.
- Community grants: More than $2 million in grants are distributed every year. Watch the story of how a grant helped Starz Dance hold a special recital for their special needs children’s class.
- Financial education: CommBank has been running Start Smart educational workshops for kids and youth since 2007, with 1.9 million students having done a workshop as at 2016. Their Dollarmites Club, which started in 1928, is one of the oldest and most well-known school banking programs for under 12s.
- Charitable giving: Commonwealth Bank Staff Community Fund was formed in 1917 and contributes over $2 million per year focused on improving the health and well-being of young people.
- Sponsorship: Sponsoring the Australian of the Year since the 1970s, Women in Focus, and the annual Commonwealth Bank Teaching Awards (60 teachers recognised as at 2016).
- Human rights: CommBank requires all of its suppliers to comply with the UN’s Guiding Principles for protecting human rights.
- Sports: Sponsoring Australian cricket at local and national club levels for the past 29 years.
- CommBank won three CDP ASX 200 Climate Leadership Awards in 2014: Largest relative carbon reduction; CDP Climate Performance Leader 2014; and Best climate disclosure.
- CommBank won the NSW government’s 10-year Sustainability Achievement Award in 2012.
- Exceeded 2015 and 2016 targets in emissions reductions against 2009 levels. See the new 2020 targets here.
- CommBank corporate kitchens use sustainably sourced produce from their own vege and herb patch and from local farmers.
Showing products in Canstar’s database with links to lenders’ websites. The display is sorted by the advertised interest rate (lowest to highest), then provider name (alphabetically).
Source: Canstar. Based on residential variable home loans available for a loan amount of $350,000 at 80% LVR, and available for Principal and Interest repayments.
*Comparison rate based on loan amount of $150,000. Read the Comparison Rate Warning.