Lysaght Credit Union Home Loans
What home loans does Lysaght Credit Union offer?
At the time of writing, Lysaght Credit Union offers the following types of home loans:
- Variable rate home loan
- Fixed rate home loan (up to 2 years)
- Owner-occupier or investment home loan
- Refinancing home loan
- Line of credit home loan
- Home equity loan for renovation or large purchases
Lysaght Credit Union Home Loan Features
Lysaght Credit Union says its home loans offer the following features:
- No-obligation and no-cost pre-approvals
- 100% offset facility
- Free redraw facility available
- Unlimited additional repayments permitted on both fixed and variable rate loans
- Option of making payments weekly, fortnightly, or monthly
Lysaght Credit Union Home Loan FAQs
Before getting started, you might first like to take a look at our applying for a home loan checklist for some pointers, and use the Canstar website to compare home loans with other providers before choosing a product that suits your needs.
If you do decide to apply for a Lysaght Credit Union home loan, you can do this through its website. If you need help applying, you can contact Lysaght Credit Union over the phone.
You may need to have the following details on hand for the application process:
- Your employment, income and living expense details
- Your asset details including any land, house, contents, vehicles, savings, shares and super you own
- Any amount you owe on other loans, overdrafts, credit/store cards
If you’re new to Lysaght Credit Union you may also need your Australian driver’s licence details and your passport details for identity verification purposes.
Yes, Lysaght Credit Union allows extra repayments on their variable interest home loans. Terms and conditions may apply. Contact Lysaght Credit Union for details.
Find out how making extra repayments could save money in interest over the life of your loan in this article or use our Extra Repayments Calculator for yourself:
Yes, certain Lysaght Credit Union variable rate home loans offer a redraw facility. Fees and charges may apply to the use of a redraw facility. Contact Lysaght Credit Union for details or learn more about redraw facilities here.
If you’re in the market for a home loan, compare your home loan options with Canstar:
Lysaght Credit Union was founded in 1966 to serve the employees of John Lysaght and Company, a Wollongong-based company which is now a subsidiary of Bluescope Steel. By 1968 Lysaght Credit Union represented almost half of the company’s employees, and over the ensuing decades the credit union has maintained this strong representation of Lysaght and Bluescope employees whilst opening up its membership to the general public.