Canstar is Australia’s biggest financial comparison site, comparing more brands than any other – learn more.
We were established over 25 years ago as a privately owned financial research agency and we now see 1 in 6 Australians visit our site each year, with 2 in 3 people recognising the Canstar logo.
We help consumers make financial decisions with confidence.
We also provide our research to other third parties including Banks, Insurers, Funds Managers, Money Magazine and other media, along with government bodies such as the Reserve Bank.
We understand that people don’t always love managing their finances but we do, that’s why our talented team collect, analyse and research thousands of products across banking, insurance, and superannuation/investments, to develop our expert value-based Star Ratings.
We research, we rate and you compare
Our Star Ratings system is designed to help you confidently choose the right product for you and we encourage you to include 5-Star products on your shopping list.
Canstar is an online finance comparison site with expert ratings. We do not have a call centre or branches. Our comparison tables enable you to compare products online and we’ll show you the most relevant products based on your inputs.
Results will be displayed based on the Star Rating and then alphabetically by company.
We hold Australian Financial Services and Credit licences and take all of our compliance obligations very seriously.
Canstar does not provide personal advice. We do not take into account your financial situation, needs and objectives. If in doubt, we recommend you seek advice from a qualified professional advisor before making any financial decision.
More information can be found in our FSCG
We are different to other comparison sites
- We compare more brands
- With over 740 brands to compare, we’ve got all the big brands you would expect to see as well lots of other lesser known but outstanding value providers
- We know finance
- We have expert finance professionals on staff and we provide comparisons in over 30 different finance categories. Our talented team live by our guiding principles
- We help you compare value
- Our Star Ratings take into consideration price and features. Do you want the cheapest health insurance policy? Some do, but most want a policy that covers them for what they need
We research and rate Customer Satisfaction via Canstar Blue
- Our Canstar Blue division researches over 120+ categories of consumer products and services across 900+ brands using professional market research, and assigns ratings based on Customer Satisfaction
- Between Canstar and Canstar Blue, we compare over 1600 brands – Learn more about Canstar Blue
How do we get paid?
Canstar is committed to offering comprehensive financial information to you for free.
To continue to generate this quality information with the staff, systems and innovation needed, Canstar generates revenue in four ways through subscriptions, award licences, advertising and lead referrals.
Read more information about ‘How we get paid’
Our current campaign…
Information updated as at 3rd March 2019