Canstar is a privately-owned research agency that provides finance comparison.
We were established 25 years ago and we now have 1 in 7 Australians visit our site each year, with two in three people recognising the Canstar logo.
We also provide our research to other third parties including Money Magazine and government bodies such as APRA and the Reserve Bank.
Our team of over 80 talented people collect, analyse and research over 16,000 products across banking, wealth and insurance to develop our expert value based Star Ratings.
Online finance comparison with expert ratings
Our Star Ratings system is designed to help you confidently choose the right product for you and we encourage you to include five star products on your shopping list.
Canstar is an online finance comparison with expert ratings. We do not have a call centre or branches. Our comparison tables enable you to compare products online and we’ll show you the most relevant products for you based on your inputs.
Results will be displayed based on the Star Rating and then alphabetically by company.
We hold Australian Financial Services and Credit licences and take all of our compliance obligations very seriously.
More information can be found in our FSCG
We are different to other comparison sites
- We show just about the whole market
- With 16,000 products and a wide range of brands, we’ve got all the big brands you would expect to see as well lots of other lesser known but outstanding value players
- We know finance
- We have expert finance professionals on staff and we provide comparisons in over 40 different finance categories
- We help you compare value
- Our Star Ratings take into consideration price and features. Do you want the cheapest health insurance policy? Some do, but most want a policy that covers them for what they need
How do we get paid?
Canstar is committed to offering comprehensive financial information to you for free.
To continue to generate this quality information with the staff, systems and innovation needed, Canstar generates revenue in four ways through subscriptions, award licences, advertising and lead referrals.