Canstar's editorial team
Our editorial charter
Our editorial team aims to put consumers first by producing free content that simplifies the world of finance and empowers our readers to make more informed decisions about their financial future.
- endeavour to be a quality source of finance content. We aim to be accurate, clear and to provide consumers with the full picture. We ensure opinion is clearly marked as such, and we offer companies and individuals a right of reply where appropriate.
- celebrate journalistic best practice. We only use reputable sources and ensure all work is peer-reviewed. We aim to be error-free, and ensure inaccuracies are corrected quickly. We have high standards when it comes to seeking the truth – whether this be through verifying data or securing our own interviews where appropriate.
- keep our readers at the heart of our work by ensuring we are free from commercial or political influence.
- aim to inform and inspire wider discussion on the finance topics that matter through responsible, fact-based journalism.
- try to showcase a wide range of opinions and don’t shy away from exploring conflicting views.