St. George Bank Home Loans
St. George Home Loan Rates & Options
Here’s a snapshot of St. George’s home loans, rates & options currently on offer for a purchase value of $600,000 in NSW. Please note that this table is formulated based on paying both principal and interest whilst being sorted by comparison rate (lowest to highest). To compare other home loans, please click here.
The inclusions below represent a selection of the features available with a standard Variable Rate home loan of $350,000 for an owner-occupier. Canstar is not making any suggestion or recommendation to you about this product. Please see our comparison tables for more details information about products on offer from this provider.
Additional conditions may apply to different features. Please ensure that you read the product disclosure statement to determine all the current loan terms and conditions for the product you are considering.
Variable home loan features
- Offset facility available.
- Redraw facility available.
- Split loan facility available.
- Additional repayments allowed at any time at no extra cost.
- Repayment holiday available for up to 12 months.
- Interest only repayments available for up to 15 years.
- Repayments may be made weekly, fortnightly, or monthly.
What types of home loans does St. George Bank offer?
At the time of writing, St. George Bank offers the following types of home loans:
- Variable rate home loan
- Fixed rate home loan
- Package home loan
- Offset account available with either a variable or fixed rate loan
- Construction home loan
- Line of credit home loan
- Investment home loan
Find out about how different types of home loans work here.
See our comparison tables for details of St. George home loans:
St. George Bank FAQs
You can apply for a St. George home loan by enquiring online, calling the bank on 13 33 30, or visiting your local branch.
Follow our applying for a home loan checklist, and use the Canstar website to compare St. George Bank home loans with other home loans before choosing a product that suits your needs:
Yes, St. George Bank allows unlimited extra repayments on their variable interest home loans and extra repayments of up to $10,000 on their fixed rate home loans. Terms and conditions apply; contact your lender for details.
Yes, St. George Bank offers redraw facilities on several of their home loan products. Borrowers must apply in order to use a redraw facility. Different home loans come with different redraw fees; contact your lender for details.
St. George Bank lets you make home loan repayments by bank transfer, over the phone, or in branch.
If you’re in the market for a home loan, compare your home loan options with Canstar:
St. George is best known as the bank with the dragon logo.
They were founded in 1937 in the suburbs of Southern Sydney as a co-operative building society. They achieved full banking status in July 1992 and now have over 2.6 million customers in Australia.
In 2008, St. George became part of the Westpac Group.
St. George provides Disaster Relief Packages for affected customers, such as after the 2016 bushfires in Western Australia.
How St. George supports the community
- Children’s health: The St. George Foundation was founded in 1989 to enhance quality of life for Aussie kids. To date, more than $15 million has been distributed to Australian children’s charities.
- Sponsorship: St. George sponsors Sydney’s Open Air cinema, the Illawarra Dragons, and the Queensland Reds.
- Charitable giving: St. George has a gift-matching program, and employees receive one day a year to volunteer for a worthy cause and can also be involved as a mentor through NGOs and social enterprises.
How St. George supports the environment
- St. George employees can access interest free loans of up to $4,000 per year to purchase and install environmentally-friendly modifications such as solar hot water systems and energy-efficient appliances.
- Participating in Earth Hour each year.
Showing products in Canstar’s database with links to lenders’ websites. The display is sorted by the advertised interest rate (lowest to highest), then provider name (alphabetically).
Source: Canstar. Based on residential variable home loans available for a loan amount of $350,000 at 80% LVR, and available for Principal and Interest repayments.
*Comparison rate based on loan amount of $150,000. Read the Comparison Rate Warning.