Broken Hill Community Credit Union Home Loans
What home loans does Broken Hill Community Credit Union offer?
At the time of writing, Broken Hill Community Credit Union (BHCCU) offers the following home loans:
- Purchase and Construction Home Loan: BHCCU says this product may be appropriate for those buying or building a home. The loan features the lowest ongoing variable interest rate offered by BHCCU at the time of writing.
- Investment Home Loan: According to BHCCU, this loan is designed for those purchasing an investment residential property, renovating an investment residential property or refinancing an existing investment home loan.
- Equity Home Loan: BHCCU says this loan may be suitable if you are renovating, investing or even taking a holiday.
- Mortgage Offset Home Loan: This allows you to reduce the interest on your home loan and reduce the time taken to pay off your loan, BHCCU says.
- Personal Mortgage Loan: At the time of writing, BHCCU says this loan is available for the purchase of residential property valued less than $100,000.
- Interest Only Home and Investment Loan: BHCCU says this loan may be appropriate if you’re looking for bridging finance or for investment taxation purposes.
Canstar does not currently compare BHCCU home loans, but you can compare other home loans providers on Canstar’s database:
Broken Hill Community Credit Union home loan features
The following features are available on selected BHCCU loan products:
- No monthly account fees
- Early and additional repayment without penalty (not available on interest-only home and investment loans)
- Redraw facility available (not available on interest-only home and investment loans)
- Online access available
- Lenders’ mortgage insurance available for approved applicants (not available on interest-only home and investment loans)
- Loan repayment insurance available for approved applicants
The inclusions above represent a selection of BHCCU home loan features and may not apply to every home loan offered by the credit union. Canstar is not making any suggestion or recommendation to you about this product. Additional conditions may apply to different features. Please see our comparison tables for more detailed information about products on offer from this provider. Check upfront with BHCCU and please ensure that you read the product disclosure statement (PDS) or other loan documentation to determine all the current loan terms and conditions for the product you are considering and whether it meets your needs, before committing to it.
Broken Hill Community Credit Union home loans FAQs
Before getting started, you might first like to take a look at our applying for a home loan checklist for some pointers, and use the Canstar website to compare home loans with other providers before choosing a product that suits your needs (please note that Canstar does not currently compare BHCCU home loan products).
If you decide to apply for a BHCCU home loan, you can do this through its website or at its branch in Broken Hill.
BHCCU allows additional repayment without penalty on all of its home loans except for its interest-only home and investment loans. Terms and conditions may apply. Contact BHCCU for details.
To give you an idea of how much money you could save over the life of your loan by making extra repayments, you might like to try our Extra Repayments Calculator:
BHCCU offers a redraw facility on all of its home loans except for its interest-only home and investment loans. Terms and conditions may apply. Contact BHCCU for details.
If you’re in the market for a home loan, compare your options with Canstar. Please note, we do not currently compare BHCCU home loan products.
Established in 1974, BHCCU is the now the largest financial institution in Broken Hill. BHCCU currently serves 8,000 members and has total assets of approximately $60 million. As a mutual organisation, BHCCU says it is invested heavily in supporting the Broken Hill community.