La Trobe Financial Home Loans
What home loans does La Trobe Financial offer?
La Trobe Financial says it provides funds for a range of loan purposes, where the loan is secured against residential, commercial and other real property security. Its loans are available for terms between one and 30 years, with up to five years interest only payments. Its commercial security loans have a five year maximum term.
It specialises in loans for specific categories of borrowers, including:
- Self-employed borrowers (with options for applications with lower documentation requirements)
- Those building their own home
- Borrowers buying or building in rural areas
- Commercial borrowers
- Those buying an investment property
- People transitioning to aged care facilities
- Borrowers being assisted by their parents
- Self-managed super funds (SMSFs)
Canstar does not currently compare La Trobe Financial home loan products, but you can view other home loans on Canstar’s database:
La Trobe Financial home loan features
- Redraw facility available, if enough is paid in early repayments beforehand
- Borrowers can switch from a variable rate to a fixed-rate loan, subject to a renegotiation fee
- Additional repayments allowed on some loans
- No fee for early repayment on some loans
- Repayments may be made weekly, fortnightly, or monthly
- Up to 95% LVR for full-doc loans, or 105% of the property purchase price for the “Parent-2-Child First Home Assistance Loan” product
The inclusions above represent a selection of the features available with La Trobe Financial home loans. Canstar is not making any suggestion or recommendation to you about this product. Additional conditions may apply to different features. Please see our comparison tables for more detailed information about products on offer from this provider. Check upfront with La Trobe Financial and please ensure that you read the product disclosure statement (PDS) or other loan documentation to determine all the current loan terms and conditions for the product you are considering and whether it meets your needs, before committing to it.
La Trobe Financial Home Loan FAQs
Before getting started, you might first like to take a look at our applying for a home loan checklist for some pointers, and use the Canstar website to compare home loans with other providers before choosing a product that suits your needs (please note that Canstar does not currently compare La Trobe Financial home loan products).
If you decide to apply for a La Trobe Financial home loan, you can do this through its website, over the phone, or by making an email enquiry.
La Trobe Financial allows extra repayments on some of its variable interest home loans. Terms and conditions may apply. Contact La Trobe Financial for details.
To give you an idea of how making extra repayments could save money in interest over the life of your loan, you might like to try our Extra Repayments Calculator:
Some of La Trobe Financial’s variable rate home loans offer a redraw facility. Fees and charges may apply. Contact La Trobe Financial for details.
If you’re in the market for a home loan, compare your options with Canstar. (Please note, we do not currently compare La Trobe Financial home loan products).
La Trobe Financial is an Australian non-bank credit provider founded in 1952. On its website, La Trobe Financial says that it was founded with the dream of helping more Aussies afford their own home. The company specialises in providing loans to individual and commercial customers, which are funded by more than 14,000 retail investors contributing to a $1.7 billion Credit Fund as of the time of writing. In December 2017, Blackstone Group NYC, a New York-based equity fund, acquired an 80% stake in La Trobe.