Westpac Home Loans
“Australia – proudly supported by Westpac.” (Westpac)
Westpac Home Loan Rates & Options:
Here’s a snapshot of Westpac’s home loans, rates & options currently on offer for a purchase value of $600,000 in NSW. Please note that this table is formulated based on paying both principal and interest whilst being sorted by comparison rate (lowest to highest). To compare other home loans, please click here.
The inclusions below represent a selection of the features available with a standard Variable Rate home loan of $350,000 for an owner-occupier. CANSTAR is not making any suggestion or recommendation to you about this product. Please see our comparison tables for more details information about products on offer from this provider.
Additional conditions may apply to different features. Please ensure that you read the product disclosure statement to determine all the current loan terms and conditions for the product you are considering.
Variable home loan features
- Offset account available.
- Redraw facility available.
- Additional repayments allowed at any time with no fee charged.
- Repayment holiday available(if extra repayments have been made).
- Parental leave option available to reduce repayments by 50% for up to 6 months.
- Interest only repayments available for up to 5 years.
- Top up feature available.
- Draw down loan option available for construction purposes.
What types of home loans does Westpac offer?
At the time of writing, Westpac offers the following types of home loans:
- Variable rate home loan
- Fixed rate home loan
- Packaged home loan
- Split rate function available with home loan (part variable rate, part fixed rate home loan – find out more about split home loans here)
- Line of credit home loan
- Investment home loan
Find out about how different types of home loans work here.
See our comparison tables for details of Westpac home loans:
How to apply for an Westpac home loan
You can apply for a Westpac home loan either online, over the phone on 132 032 (open Mon-Fri), or in a branch.
Follow our applying for a home loan checklist, and use the Canstar website to compare Westpac home loans with other home loans before choosing a product that suits your needs:
Can you make extra repayments on a Westpac home loan?
Yes, Westpac allows extra repayments on their variable rate home loans. Terms and conditions apply; contact your lender for details.
Are redraw facilities offered on Westpac home loans?
Yes, Westpac offers redraw facilities on their home loans, provided you’ve paid off more than the minimum repayments on your home loan and met other terms and conditions. Fees and charges may apply to use of a redraw facility; contact your lender for details.
What are the payment options for Westpac home loans?
Westpac lets you make home loan repayments via direct debit, bank transfer, their app, in-branch, or online.
If you’re in the market for a home loan, compare your home loan options with CANSTAR:
Westpac was Australia’s first bank, and its first officially incorporated company. Established in 1817 as the Bank of New South Wales, Westpac now serves around 13 million customers.
Westpac is one of the big four Australian banks and they own a number of other banking brands including St. George, Bank of Melbourne, BankSA, and RAMS.
If you’re a landlord or own an investment property, watch Westpac’s series of home loan tips for investors.
- Community focus areas: Westpac directly supports disaster relief for businesses and communities, addressing financial and educational disadvantage in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, and microfinance for marginalised small business people.
- Supporting community organisations: Westpac provides financial solutions for Not-For-Profit businesses and long-term group community partnerships.
- Westpac Foundation: This foundation funds innovative social enterprises that are making a difference in the world.
- Charitable giving: Westpac also has an employee volunteering scheme and a workplace giving program.
- Tackling climate change in 5 key ways, including reducing water consumption to meet the targets in the UN CEO Water Mandate, and restoring Australia’s unique biodiversity.
- Reduced greenhouse gas emissions by 40% since 1996.
- Participates in several external initiatives to help improve the environmental performance of their business, such as the UN Global Compact and UNEPFI.
Showing products in Canstar’s database with links to lenders’ websites. The display is sorted by the advertised interest rate (lowest to highest), then provider name (alphabetically).
Source: Canstar. Based on residential variable home loans available for a loan amount of $350,000 at 80% LVR, and available for Principal and Interest repayments.
*Comparison rate based on loan amount of $150,000. Read the Comparison Rate Warning.