Types of Nationwide Super accounts
Nationwide Super offers three retirement-related products to choose from:
- Corporate super arranged by an employer for their employees to use
- Personal super available for individual employees
- Account-based pension converts superannuation into regular income payments for retirees and workers in the transition to retirement (TTR) stage
There are a lot of benefits available to Nationwide Super members who have a personal super account, including:
- Competitive investment performance
- Flexible investment options
- Low cost and transparent administration fees
- Insurance in super available for death cover (life insurance), and total and permanent disability (TPD) cover
- Over-the-phone financial advice available
- Easy online account access
- Not-for-profit – all profits are returned to members
- Access to discounted banking products including loans, credit cards and everyday accounts with ME Bank
Eligibility to join Nationwide Super
To sign up for a superannuation account with Nationwide Super, you must be able to satisfy the following criteria:
- You must be an Australian resident
- You must be over 18 years of age
- You must be earning at least $450/month before tax from an employer
If you are under the age of 18, but earning more than $450/month before tax, you must be working more than 30 hours per week to qualify for super.
How to join Nationwide Super
If you satisfy all of the above eligibility criteria, then you can apply to join Nationwide Super. You can sign up for a Nationwide Super account by clicking on its products in Canstar’s superannuation comparison tables and then sign up online on its website, or call 1800 025 241 (Available Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 5 pm).
Nationwide Super FAQs
Yes, Nationwide Super has a dedicated online portal for its super fund members. You can view your account balance online, access statements for your account, download super fund information and more. Access the online portal here.
The money in your Nationwide Super account is invested by your super fund. It offers a variety of investment options including pre-mixed, sector and direct investment options, which ensures the money goes back into your industry.
With Nationwide Super, you have five different choices of investments:
- Nationwide MySuper
- High Growth
When choosing an investment option, it is important to take into account your investment timeframes and goals, and your personal risk tolerance for market fluctuations. Learn more about how to choose between different investment options on the Canstar website.
The table above shows the total fee cost per year to have a super account with NGS Super. Compare these fees to the average super fund fees on our database, as it’s important not to let your super be eaten away by fees before you retire.
Yes, Nationwide Super offers a consolidation service for members who have super in other funds.
It’s important to check with your old super funds for information regarding costs such as exit fees and insurance cover you may lose if you switch super funds. If you have any questions or concerns about the rollover process, give Nationwide Super a call on 1800 025 241.
Be sure to check these nine things on your superannuation statement:
- Personal details are up-to-date
- Nominated beneficiaries are up-to-date
- Tax File Number (TFN) is recorded
- Super contributions from employer and/or your voluntary contributions are correct
- Investment asset class choices are appropriate for your life stage
- Amount paid in fees for the year is not too high
- Insurance in super is still adequate coverage for your needs
- Super is consolidated, after checking whether there is insurance or any other benefits attached to the account you may lose and you’re comfortable to do so
- The big picture – are you happy with your super fund overall?
Established in 1987, Nationwide Super is committed to the same values and products as it was 30 years ago.
As an industry super fund, NGS Super is a not-for-profit organisation that exists for the benefit of members. Its goal is to maximise retirement benefits for members. By providing quality superannuation, retirement, education and financial services for members, NGS Super is proud to be a low-cost industry super fund on the Australian market.
Nationwide Super has always been an active supporter of local communities, including; Health Harold Program (Life education), Lake Macquarie Business Excellence Awards, Australian Trainers’ Association and the NSW Tafe Alumni Awards.