Compare AV Super
If you’re considering superannuation with AV Super, check out what’s available for those aged 30-39 years old, based on a super balance of $55K to $100K. Results are sorted by star ratings (high to low). To compare other super funds, visit the Canstar super fund comparison pages.
Types of AV Super superannuation accounts
AV Super offers three retirement-related products to choose from:
- Corporate super arranged by an employer for their employees to use
- Personal super available for individual employees
- Account-based pension converts superannuation into regular income payments for retirees and workers in the transition to retirement (TTR) stage
There are a lot of benefits available to AV Super members with a personal super account, including:
- Not-for-profit (all profits returned to, or for the benefit of, members)
- Competitive investment performance
- Website chat service ‘AV Chat’
- Insurance in super available for death cover (life insurance), and total and permanent disability (TPD) cover
- Over-the-phone financial advice available
- Easy online account access
Eligibility to join AV Super
To sign up for a superannuation account with AV Super, you must be able to satisfy the following criteria:
- You must be either employed in the aviation industry or have a spouse or family member who is an existing AV Super member
- You must be an Australian resident
- You must be over 18 years of age
- You must be earning at least $450/month before tax from an employer
If you are under the age of 18, but earning more than $450/month before tax, you must be working more than 30 hours per week to qualify for super.
How to join AV Super
If you satisfy all of the above eligibility criteria, then you can apply to join AV Super. You can sign up for an AV Super super account by clicking on their products in Canstar’s superannuation comparison tables and then signing up online on their website, or calling them on 1800 905 088.
AV Super FAQs
Yes, AV Super has a dedicated online portal for their super fund members. You can view your account balance online, access statements for your account, download super fund information, and more. Access the online portal here.
The money in your AV Super super account is invested by your super fund. They offer a variety of investment options including pre-mixed, sector, and direct investment options.
When choosing an investment option, it is important to take into your account investment timeframes and goals, and your personal risk tolerance for market fluctuations. Learn more about how to choose between different investment options on the Canstar website.
Yes, AV Super offers a consolidation service for members who have super in other funds.
It’s important to check with your old super funds for information regarding costs such as exit fees and insurance cover you may lose if you switch super funds. If you have any questions or concerns about the rollover process, give AV Super a call on 1800 805 088.
Be sure to check these 9 things on your superannuation statement:
- Personal details are up-to-date
- Nominated beneficiaries are up-to-date
- Tax File Number (TFN) is recorded
- Super contributions from employer and/or your voluntary contributions are correct
- Investment asset class choices are appropriate for your life stage
- Amount paid in fees for the year is not too high
- Insurance in super is still adequate coverage for your needs
- Super is consolidated, after checking whether there is insurance or any other benefits attached to the account you may lose and you’re comfortable to do so
- The big picture – are you happy with your super fund overall?
Originally established in 1990 to provide superannuation benefits to employees of Airservices Australia and the Civil Aviation Safety Authority, AV Super is an industry super fund but opened to the general public from 2005.
It now has more than 6,500 members and over $2 billion funds under management.
AV Super is a not-for-profit fund that exists for the benefit of members.
AustSafe Super contributes to aviation industry partners including the Regional Aviation Association of Australia (RAAA), and Australian Women Pilots’ Association (AWPA).
If you’re considering outstanding value superannuation funds, check out the the table below which displays a snapshot of 5-Star superannuation funds on Canstar for Australians aged 30-39 with a super balance of $55k – $100k, sorted by provider name (alphabetically). Use Canstar’s superannuation comparison selector for a wider selection of super funds based on your individual circumstances.