Types of Zurich Australia super accounts
Zurich Australia offers three retirement-related products to choose from:
- Corporate super arranged by an employer for their employees to use
- Personal super available for individual employees
- Account-based pension converts superannuation into regular income payments for retirees and workers in the transition to retirement (TTR) stage
There are several benefits available to Zurich Australia Super members who have a personal super account, including:
- Competitive investment performance
- Flexible investment options
- Low cost and transparent administration fees
- Insurance in super available for death cover (life insurance), and total and permanent disability (TPD) cover
- Over-the-phone financial advice available
- Easy online account access
- Not-for-profit industry super fund
Eligibility to join Zurich Australia
To sign up for a superannuation account with Zurich Australia, you must be able to satisfy the following criteria:
- You must be an Australian resident
- You must be over 18 years of age
- You must be earning at least $450/month before tax from an employer
If you are under the age of 18, but earning more than $450/month before tax, you must be working more than 30 hours per week to qualify for super.
How to join Zurich Australia
If you satisfy all of the above eligibility criteria, then you can apply to join Zurich Australia. You can sign up for a Zurich Australia Super account by clicking on its products in Canstar’s superannuation comparison tables and then signing up online on their website.
Zurich Australia Superannuation FAQs
Unfortunately, Zurich Australia does not have an online portal for its super fund members. You can still view your account balance via your account statements, which are sent regularly in the mail.
The money in your Zurich Australia Super account is invested by the super fund. It offers a variety of investment options including pre-mixed, sector and direct investment options, which ensures the money goes back into your industry. These investments come in four asset classes:
- High growth
When choosing an investment option, it is important to take into account your investment time frames and goals, and your personal risk tolerance for market fluctuations. Learn more about how to choose between different investment options on the Canstar website.
Yes, Zurich Australia offers a consolidation service for members who have super in other funds.
It’s important to check with your old super funds for information regarding costs such as exit fees and insurance cover you may lose if you switch super funds. If you have any questions or concerns about the rollover process, contact Zurich Australia.
Be sure to check these nine things on your superannuation statement:
- Personal details are up-to-date
- Nominated beneficiaries are up-to-date
- Tax File Number (TFN) is recorded
- Super contributions from employer and/or your voluntary contributions are correct
- Investment asset class choices are appropriate for your life stage
- Amount paid in fees for the year is not too high
- Insurance in super is still adequate coverage for your needs
- Super is consolidated, after checking whether there is insurance or any other benefits attached to the account you may lose and you’re comfortable to do so
- The big picture – are you happy with your super fund overall?
Established in Australia in 1961, Zurich is a global company which operates in more than 210 countries and territories. It is an ‘open’ super fund, which means anybody, regardless of occupation or location, can enjoy the member benefits.
Zurich Australia is proud to help people and communities by “providing the knowledge and means to better handle change and risk”. It also partners with the RAISE Foundation, which is an Australian charity that runs youth mentoring programs and aims to make a real impact on young Australian lives.