Types of Statewide Super accounts
Statewide Super offers three retirement-related products to choose from:
- Corporate super arranged by an employer for their employees to use
- Personal super available for individual employees
- Account-based pension converts superannuation into regular income payments for retirees and workers in the transition to retirement (TTR) stage
There are a lot of benefits available to Statewide Super members who have a personal super account, including:
- Competitive investment performance
- Flexible investment options
- Low cost and transparent administration fees
- Insurance in super available for death cover (life insurance), and total and permanent disability (TPD) cover
- Over-the-phone financial advice available
- Easy online account access
- Not-for-profit industry super fund
Eligibility to join Statewide Super
To sign up for a superannuation account with Statewide Super, you must be able to satisfy the following criteria:
- You must be an Australian resident
- You must be over 18 years of age
- You must be earning at least $450/month before tax from an employer
If you are under the age of 18, but earning more than $450/month before tax, you must be working more than 30 hours per week to qualify for super.
How to join Statewide Super
If you satisfy all of the above eligibility criteria, then you can apply to join Statewide Super. You can sign up for a Statewide Super account by clicking on its products in Canstar’s superannuation comparison tables and then signing up online on its website, or calling 1300 651 865 (available Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm AEST).
Statewide Super FAQs
Yes, Statewide Super has a dedicated online portal for its super fund members. You can view your account balance online, access statements for your account, download super fund information and more. Access the online portal here.
The money in your Statewide Super account is invested by your super fund. It offers a variety of investment options including pre-mixed, sector and direct investment options, which ensures the money goes back into your industry.
When choosing an investment option, it is important to take into account your investment timeframes and goals, and your personal risk tolerance for market fluctuations. Learn more about how to choose between different investment options on the Canstar website.
The table above shows the total fee cost per year to have a super account with Statewide Super. Compare these fees to the average super fund fees on our database, as it’s important not to let your super be eaten away by fees before you retire.
Yes, Statewide Super offers a consolidation service for members who have super in other funds.
It’s important to check with your old super funds for information regarding costs such as exit fees and insurance cover you may lose if you switch super funds. If you have any questions or concerns about the rollover process, give Statewide Super a call on 1300 651 865.
Be sure to check these nine things on your superannuation statement:
- Personal details are up-to-date
- Nominated beneficiaries are up-to-date
- Tax File Number (TFN) is recorded
- Super contributions from employer and/or your voluntary contributions are correct
- Investment asset class choices are appropriate for your life stage
- Amount paid in fees for the year is not too high
- Insurance in super is still adequate coverage for your needs
- Super is consolidated, after checking whether there is insurance or any other benefits attached to the account you may lose and you’re comfortable to do so
- The big picture – are you happy with your super fund overall?
Established over 25 years ago, Statewide Super was traditionally made for residents of South Australia. While it is still 100% South Australian owned and operated, it is now an open super fund, which means people outside the state can still enjoy the great member benefits.
As an industry super fund, Statewide Super is a non-for-profit organisation that exists for the benefit of members. Its goal is to maximise retirement benefits for members by providing quality superannuation, retirement, education and financial services.
Statewide Super is also proud to offer sustainable investments, and is constantly adapting and changing to ensure the way it invests will have an ongoing impact on the environment, society and economy.