Compare Catholic Super superannuation
If you’re considering superannuation with Catholic Super, check out what’s available for those aged 30-39 years old, based on a super balance of $55K to $100K. Results are sorted by star ratings (high to low). To compare other super funds, visit the Canstar super fund comparison pages.
Types of Catholic Super accounts
Catholic Super offers three retirement-related products to choose from:
- Corporate super arranged by an employer for their employees to use
- Personal super available for individual employees
- Account-based pension converts superannuation into regular income payments for retirees and workers in the transition to retirement (TTR) stage
There are a lot of benefits available to Catholic Super members, including:
- Industry super fund, profit-for-members
- Competitive fees
- Manage your account online
- Apply online for your convenience
- A wide range of investment options
- Low cost insurance options available
- Free seminars and workplace visits
- Financial and retirement planning advice through MyLife MyAdvice
- Discounts and special offers include lower cost health insurance, home loans, and banking services
Eligibility to join Catholic Super
To sign up for a superannuation account with BUSS Queensland, you must be able to satisfy the following criteria:
- You must be an Australian resident
- You must be over 18 years of age
- You must be earning at least $450/month before tax from an employer
If you are under the age of 18, but earning more than $450/month before tax, you must be working more than 30 hours per week to qualify for a superannuation account.
Many people think that because Catholic Super was designed for employees of the Catholic industry, it’s only for people who identify as Catholics or Christians, but anyone can join. It is a public offer fund.
How to join Catholic Super
If you satisfy all of the above eligibility criteria, then you can apply to join the Catholic Super fund. You can sign up for a Catholic Super account by clicking on their products in Canstar’s superannuation comparison tables and then apply. You can contact Catholic Super via phone (1300 655 002) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Catholic Super FAQs
Yes, Catholic Super has a dedicated online portal for their super fund members. You can view your account balance online, access statements for your account, download super fund information, and more. Access the online portal here.
The money in your Catholic Super account is invested by your super fund. They offer a variety of investment options including pre-mixed, sector, and direct investment options.
When choosing an investment option, it is important to take into your account investment timeframes and goals, and your personal risk tolerance for market fluctuations. Learn more about how to choose between different investment options on the Canstar website.
Yes, Catholic Super offers a consolidation service for members who have super in other funds, through their MyLife online service.
It’s important to check with your old super funds for information regarding costs such as exit fees and any insurance cover you may lose if you switch super funds. If you have any questions or concerns about the rollover process, give Catholic Super a call on 1300 655 002.
Be sure to check these 9 things on your superannuation statement:
- Personal details are up-to-date
- Nominated beneficiaries are up-to-date
- Tax File Number (TFN) is recorded
- Super contributions from employer and/or your voluntary contributions are correct
- Investment asset class choices are appropriate for your life stage
- Amount paid in fees for the year is not too high
- Insurance in super is still adequate coverage for your needs
- Super is consolidated, after checking whether there is insurance or any other benefits attached to the account you may lose and you’re comfortable to do so
- The big picture – are you happy with your super fund overall?
Established in 1971, Catholic Super offers superannuation for the employed and the self-employed. Catholic Super operates within the context of a Christian ethical framework, with values and goals to benefit their members and employers through integrity, respect, trust, compassion, and humility.
Catholic Super is an industry fund and returns all profits to its members. At the time of writing, they have more than 70,000 members.
If you’re considering top performing superannuation funds, check out the following table which contains details of the superannuation funds rated by Canstar. This table has been sorted by one-year performance (highest to lowest).
Please note that the performance information shown in the table is for the investment option used by Canstar in rating of the superannuation product.