Compare NGS Super
If you’re considering superannuation with NGS Super, check out what’s available for those aged 30-39 years old, based on a super balance of $55K to $100K. Results are sorted by Star Ratings (high to low). To compare other super funds, visit the Canstar super fund comparison pages.
Types of NGS Super accounts
NGS Super offers three retirement-related products to choose from:
- Corporate super arranged by an employer for their employees to use
- Personal super available for individual employees
- Account-based pension converts superannuation into regular income payments for retirees and workers in the transition to retirement (TTR) stage
There are a lot of benefits available to NGS Super members who have a personal super account, including:
- Competitive investment performance
- 13 flexible investment options
- Low cost and transparent administration fees
- Insurance in super available for death cover (life insurance), and total and permanent disability (TPD) cover
- Over-the-phone financial advice available
- Easy online account access
- Not-for-profit – all profits are returned to members
Eligibility to join NGS Super
To sign up for a superannuation account with NGS Super, you must be able to satisfy the following criteria:
- You must be an Australian resident
- You must be over 18 years of age
- You must be earning at least $450/month before tax from an employer
If you are under the age of 18, but earning more than $450/month before tax, you must be working more than 30 hours per week to qualify for super.
How to join NGS Super
If you satisfy all of the above eligibility criteria, then you can apply to join NGS Super. You can sign up for an NGS Super account by clicking on its products in Canstar’s superannuation comparison tables and then sign up online on its website, or call 1300 133 177 (Available Monday to Friday between 8 am and 8 pm AEST).
NGS Super FAQs
Yes, NGS Super has a dedicated online portal for its super fund members. You can view your account balance online, access statements for your account, download super fund information and more. Access the online portal here.
The money in your NGS Super account is invested by your super fund. It offers a variety of investment options including pre-mixed, sector and direct investment options, which ensures the money goes back into your industry.
When choosing an investment option, it is important to take into account your investment timeframes and goals, and your personal risk tolerance for market fluctuations. Learn more about how to choose between different investment options on the Canstar website.
The table above shows the total fee cost per year to have a super account with NGS Super. Compare these fees to the average super fund fees on our database, as it’s important not to let your super be eaten away by fees before you retire.
Yes, NGS Super offers a consolidation service for members who have super in other funds.
It’s important to check with your old super funds for information regarding costs such as exit fees and insurance cover you may lose if you switch super funds. If you have any questions or concerns about the rollover process, give NGS Super a call on 1300 133 177.
Be sure to check these nine things on your superannuation statement:
- Personal details are up-to-date
- Nominated beneficiaries are up-to-date
- Tax File Number (TFN) is recorded
- Super contributions from employer and/or your voluntary contributions are correct
- Investment asset class choices are appropriate for your life stage
- Amount paid in fees for the year is not too high
- Insurance in super is still adequate coverage for your needs
- Super is consolidated, after checking whether there is insurance or any other benefits attached to the account you may lose and you’re comfortable to do so
- The big picture – are you happy with your super fund overall?
Established almost 30 years ago, NGS Super was traditionally made for employees, spouses and family members of members of the education, childcare and community industries. While it still serves that demographic, it is now an open super fund, which means employees of other industries can still enjoy the great member benefits.
As an industry super fund, NGS Super is a not-for-profit organisation that exists for the benefit of members. Its goal is to maximise retirement benefits for members. By providing quality superannuation, retirement, education and financial services for members, NGS Super is proud to be a low-cost industry super fund.
NGS Super has a number of education partnerships, which offer six $5,000 scholarships every year to members of the education sector. It also supports and sponsors a range of education-focused conferences and events around Australia.
If you’re considering outstanding value superannuation funds, check out the the table below which displays a snapshot of 5-Star superannuation funds on Canstar for Australians aged 30-39 with a super balance of $55k – $100k, sorted by provider name (alphabetically). Use Canstar’s superannuation comparison selector for a wider selection of super funds based on your individual circumstances.