Compare Media Super
If you’re considering superannuation with Media Super, check out what’s available for those aged 30-39 years old, based on a super balance of $55K to $100K. Results are sorted by Star Ratings (high to low). To compare other super funds, visit the Canstar super fund comparison pages.
Types of Media Super accounts
Media Super offers three retirement-related products to choose from:
- Corporate super arranged by an employer for their employees to use
- Personal super available for individual employees
- Account-based pension converts superannuation into regular income payments for retirees and workers in the transition to retirement (TTR) stage
There are a lot of benefits available to Media Super members who have a personal super account, including:
- Competitive investment performance
- Flexible investment options
- Low cost and transparent administration fees
- Insurance in super available for death cover (life insurance), and total and permanent disability (TPD) cover
- Over-the-phone financial advice available
- Easy online account access
- Education workshops, seminars and workplace visits
- Extra member offers and benefits
Eligibility to join Media Super
To sign up for a superannuation account with Media Super, you must be able to satisfy the following criteria:
- You must be an Australian resident
- You must be over 18 years of age
- You must be earning at least $450/month before tax from an employer
If you are under the age of 18, but earning more than $450/month before tax, you must be working more than 30 hours per week to qualify for super.
How to join Media Super
If you satisfy all of the above eligibility criteria, then you can apply to join Media Super. You can sign up for a Media Super account by clicking on its products in Canstar’s superannuation comparison tables and then sign up online on its website, or call 1800 640 886 (available Monday to Friday between 8 am and 7 pm).
Media Super FAQs
Yes, Media Super has a dedicated online portal for its super fund members. You can view your account balance online, access statements for your account, download super fund information and more. Access the online portal here.
The money in your Media Super account is invested by your super fund. It offers a variety of investment options including pre-mixed, sector and direct investment options, which ensures the money goes back into your industry.
When choosing an investment option, it is important to take into account your investment timeframes and goals, and your personal risk tolerance for market fluctuations. Learn more about how to choose between different investment options on the Canstar website.
The table above shows the total fee cost per year to have a super account with Media Super. Compare these fees to the average super fund fees on our database, as it’s important not to let your super be eaten away by fees before you retire.
Yes, Media Super offers a consolidation service for members who have super in other funds.
It’s important to check with your old super funds for information regarding costs such as exit fees and insurance cover you may lose if you switch super funds. If you have any questions or concerns about the rollover process, give Media Super a call on 1800 640 886.
Be sure to check these nine things on your superannuation statement:
- Personal details are up-to-date
- Nominated beneficiaries are up-to-date
- Tax File Number (TFN) is recorded
- Super contributions from employer and/or your voluntary contributions are correct
- Investment asset class choices are appropriate for your life stage
- Amount paid in fees for the year is not too high
- Insurance in super is still adequate coverage for your needs
- Super is consolidated, after checking whether there is insurance or any other benefits attached to the account you may lose and you’re comfortable to do so
- The big picture – are you happy with your super fund overall?
Established in 1987, Media Super was traditionally made for employees, spouses and family members of creative individuals. While it still serves that demographic, it is now an open super fund, which means those outside the entertainment industry can still enjoy the great member benefits.
As an industry super fund, Media Super is a not-for-profit organisation that exists for the benefit of members. Its goal is to maximise retirement benefits for members of the printing, packaging, creative arts, media and entertainment industry. By providing quality superannuation, retirement, education and financial services for members, Media Super is proud to be one of the lowest cost super funds on the market.
Media Super also has a ‘Casting Call’ page where members are able to register and become a part of the casting call directory. It allows for you to engage in the services and expertise from a wide range of creatives and helps to foster connections and collaborations between Media Super members.
If you’re considering outstanding value superannuation funds, check out the the table below which displays a snapshot of 5-Star superannuation funds on Canstar for Australians aged 30-39 with a super balance of $55k – $100k, sorted by provider name (alphabetically). Use Canstar’s superannuation comparison selector for a wider selection of super funds based on your individual circumstances.