Types of AMG Super accounts
AMG Super offers three retirement-related products to choose from:
- Personal super available for individual employees
- Corporate super arranged by an employer for their employees to use
- Account-based pension converts superannuation into regular income payments for retirees and workers in the transition to retirement (TTR) stage
According to AMG Super, these are some of the features available to its members who have a personal super account, including:
- A range of investment options including direct shares, managed funds, term deposits, and cash solutions
- Various contribution and benefit options
- Options for taking out insurance through your super
- Online financial advice available
- Easy online account access
Canstar does not currently compare AMG Super, but you can view a range of other super funds on our database.
Eligibility to join AMG Super
To sign up for a superannuation account with AMG Super, you must be able to satisfy the following criteria:
- You must be an Australian resident
- You must be over 18 years of age
How to join AMG Super
If you satisfy the eligibility criteria, then you can apply to join AMG Super by contacting them through their website.
Before commiting to a particular provider or product, consider comparing super funds on the Canstar website and check our choosing a super fund checklist.
AMG Super FAQs
AMG Super has a dedicated online portal for their super fund members. You can view your account balance online, access statements for your account, download super fund information, and more.
The money in your AMG Super account is invested by your super fund. They offer a variety of investment options, which include direct shares, managed funds, term deposits, and cash solutions.
When choosing an investment option, it is important to take into account your investment timeframes and goals, and your personal risk tolerance for market fluctuations.
AMG Super currently charges a variety of fees on its super accounts, including:
- An administration fee of between 0.68% and 0.10% depending on your balance – balances of $1,000,001 or higher do not incur an administration fee
- An annual membership fee of $65
- An indirect cost ratio fee of approximately 0.36% of assets
Be sure to check upfront with AMG and the product disclosure statement (PDS) for any other fees that may apply. You can also compare the fees charged by other providers on Canstar’s database.
Yes, AMG Super offers a consolidation service for members who have super in other funds.
It’s important to check with your old super funds for information regarding costs such as exit fees and any insurance cover you may lose if you switch super funds. If you have any questions or concerns about the rollover process, contact AMG Super.
Be sure to take a close look at your superannuation statement. Some of the items you may want to check include:
- Personal details are up-to-date
- Nominated beneficiaries are up-to-date
- Tax File Number (TFN) is recorded
- Super contributions from employer and/or your voluntary contributions are correct
- Investment asset class choices are appropriate for your life stage
- Amount paid in fees for the year is not too high
- Insurance in super is still adequate coverage for your needs
- Super is consolidated, after checking whether there is insurance or any other benefits attached to the account you may lose and you’re comfortable to do so
- The big picture – are you happy with your super fund overall?
AMG Super was established in 2000, as the result of a joint initiative between DDH Graham Limited and Pension Investments Limited. It describes itself as ‘a boutique superannuation fund’, and is part of the wider DDH Group; a funds management and administration company which manages over $10 billion in funds.