Bendigo Bank Superannuation
Compare Bendigo Bank superannuation
If you’re considering superannuation with Bendigo Bank, check out what’s available for those aged 30-39 years old, based on a super balance of $50K to $100K. Results are sorted by star ratings (high to low). To compare other super funds, visit the Canstar super fund comparison pages.
Compare Super Funds
Types of Bendigo Bank accounts
Bendigo Bank offers three retirement-related products to choose from:
- Personal super available for individual employees
- Corporate super arranged by an employer for their employees
- Account-based pension converts superannuation into regular income payments for retirees and workers in the transition to retirement (TTR) stage
Bendigo Bank’s main personal super fund is called SmartStart Super. There are a lot of benefits available to Bendigo Bank members who have this account, including:
- Simple and convenient investment options
- Default or tailored insurance options
- Manage your account online
- Apply online in less than 10 minutes
- A wide range of managed pre-mixed, sector, and direct investment options
- Flexible contribution and benefit options
- Competitive fees and charges
- Financial advice available from a qualified professional
Eligibility to join Bendigo Bank superannuation
To sign up for a superannuation account with Bendigo Bank, you must be able to satisfy the following criteria:
- You must be an Australian resident
- You must be over 18 years of age
- You must be earning at least $450/month before tax from an employer
If you are under the age of 18, but earning more than $450/month before tax, you must be working more than 30 hours per week to qualify for a superannuation account.
How to join Bendigo Bank superannuation
If you satisfy all of the above eligibility criteria, then you can apply to join the Bendigo Bank SmartStart super fund. You can sign up for an Bendigo Bank super account by clicking on their products in Canstar’s superannuation comparison tables and then applying online.
You can also contact Bendigo Bank to register for super via phone (1300 236 344) or email (email@example.com). You can also sign up for Bendigo Bank super at one of the Bendigo and Adelaide Bank branches. Be sure to compare super funds on the Canstar website and check our choosing a super fund checklist before signing up for a particular superannuation account:
Bendigo Bank Superannuation FAQs
Yes, Bendigo Bank has a dedicated online portal for their super fund members. You can view your account balance online, access statements for your account, download super fund information, and more. Access the portal here.
The money in your Bendigo Bank super account is invested by your super fund. They offer a variety of investment options including pre-mixed, sector, and direct investment options.
When choosing an investment option, it is important to take into your account investment timeframes and goals, and your personal risk tolerance for market fluctuations. Learn more about how to choose between different investment options on the Canstar website.
The table above shows the total fee cost per year to have a super account with Bendigo Bank. Compare these fees to the average super fund fees on our database, as it’s important not to let your super be eaten away by fees before you retire.
Yes, Bendigo Bank offers a consolidation service for members who have super in other funds. It is free of charge and they do the rollover of your super for you.
It’s important to check with your old super funds for information regarding costs such as exit fees and any insurance cover you may lose if you switch super funds. If you have any questions or concerns about the rollover process, give Bendigo Bank a call on 1300 BENDIGO.
Be sure to check these 9 things on your superannuation statement:
- Personal details are up-to-date
- Nominated beneficiaries are up-to-date
- Tax File Number (TFN) is recorded
- Super contributions from employer and/or your voluntary contributions are correct · Investment asset class choices are appropriate for your life stage
- Amount paid in fees for the year is not too high
- Insurance in super is still adequate coverage for your needs
- Super is consolidated, after checking whether there is insurance or any other benefits attached to the account you may lose and you’re comfortable to do so
- The big picture – are you happy with your super fund overall?
Established more than 150 years ago, Bendigo Bank started out as a building society, driven to help Australians buy their own home. 150 years later, they now have more than 6,500 employees, who serve about 1.5 million customers in over 500 communities Australia-wide.
Bendigo Bank pride themselves on not only being good with money, but also being apart of the good that money can do. They support a number of local businesses and other ventures, as highlighted in the video below.
If you’re considering outstanding value superannuation funds, check out the the table below which displays a snapshot of 5-Star superannuation funds on Canstar for Australians aged 30-39 with a super balance of $55k – $100k, sorted by provider name (alphabetically). Use Canstar’s superannuation comparison selector for a wider selection of super funds based on your individual circumstances.