Aon Master Trust Superannuation
Aon Master Trust is a provider of corporate and personal superannuation and account-based pension products.
Types of Aon superannuation accounts
Aon Master Trust offers three retirement-related products to choose from:
- Corporate super arranged by an employer for their employees to use
- Personal super available for individual employees
- Account-based pension converts superannuation into regular income payments for retirees and workers in the transition to retirement (TTR) stage
There are a lot of benefits available to Aon Master Trust members who have a personal super account, including:
- A wide range of managed pre-mixed, sector, and direct investment options
- Flexible contribution and benefit options
- Competitive fees and charges
- Insurance in super available for death cover (life insurance), total and permanent disability (TPD) cover, and income protection cover, up to age 70
- Financial advice available from a qualified professional
- Access to the WeCare telephone counselling service
- Easy online account access
Eligibility to join Aon Master Trust superannuation
To sign up for a superannuation account with Aon Master Trust, you must be able to satisfy the following criteria:
- You must be an Australian resident
- You must be over 18 years of age
- You must be earning at least $450/month before tax from an employer
If you are under the age of 18, but earning more than $450/month before tax, you must be working more than 30 hours per week to qualify for a superannuation account.
How to join Aon Master Trust superannuation
If you satisfy all of the above eligibility criteria, then you can apply to join the Aon Master Trust super fund. You can sign up for an Aon Master Trust super account by clicking on their products in Canstar’s superannuation comparison tables and then following Aon’s 3-step process:
- Contact Aon and let them know you’re interested in registering for super, either via phone (1300 138 310), or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Aon will send you an online form to complete and email to them.
- Aon will set you up with an online account and send you a user access code, password, and user guide.
Aon Superannuation FAQs
Yes, Aon Master Trust has a dedicated online portal for their super fund members. You can view your account balance online, access statements for your account, download super fund information, and more.
The money in your Aon Master Trust super account is invested by your super fund. They offer a variety of investment options including pre-mixed, sector, and direct investment options.
When choosing an investment option, it is important to take into your account investment timeframes and goals, and your personal risk tolerance for market fluctuations. Learn more about how to choose between different investment options on the Canstar website.
Yes, Aon Master Trust offers a consolidation service for members who have super in other funds. It is free of charge and they do the rollover of your super for you.
It’s important to check with your old super funds for information regarding costs such as exit fees and any insurance cover you may lose if you switch super funds. If you have any questions or concerns about the rollover process, give Aon a call on 1300 880 588.
Be sure to check these 9 things on your superannuation statement:
- Personal details are up-to-date
- Nominated beneficiaries are up-to-date
- Tax File Number (TFN) is recorded
- Super contributions from employer and/or your voluntary contributions are correct
- Investment asset class choices are appropriate for your life stage
- Amount paid in fees for the year is not too high
- Insurance in super is still adequate coverage for your needs
- Super is consolidated, after checking whether there is insurance or any other benefits attached to the account you may lose and you’re comfortable to do so
- The big picture – are you happy with your super fund overall?
Established in 1990 by the Aon Group, Aon Master Trust manages over $3 billion in assets for more than 50,000 members, with over 450 participating employers.
Aon prides themselves on offering their members a great place to maximise their wealth and obtain expert financial advice.
The Aon Group includes Aon Master Trust (super fund), Aon Plc (risk management, insurance, brokerage, reinsurance, HR, outsourcing), and Aon Hewitt (talent, retirement, and health solutions).
The Aon Group has a long history of supporting the community, with a particular focus on healthcare, welfare, education, and the environment. Four main charities they support at the time of writing include the CREATE Foundation, Conservation Volunteers Australia, The Beacon Foundation, and the Black Dog Institute.