Types of Superestate superannuation accounts
Superestate only offers personal superannuation. It does not currently offer corporate superannuation,
There are several features available to Superestate members who have a personal super account, including:
- The ability to invest much more of your super in property than some other super funds may allow
- An online portal through which you can view your super and change your investment option
- A choice of three different investment options
- An investment portfolio invested in Australian residential property, Australian and international equities, global infrastructure, fixed income assets, and cash
Superestate currently offers the following investment options:
Balanced Essentials – Superestate’s ‘MySuper alternative’ offering, this is an investment option for individuals who want growth without the risk of rapid short-term changes to the value of their portfolio. Offers a 10% direct investment in residential property.
Balanced Property – Similar to the Balanced Essentials option in that it aims for growth with minimal risk of short-term fluctuation, this investment option offers a 25% direct investment in residential property.
Growth Property – For those willing to accept greater short-term risk in the name of potential growth, this investment option offers a 50% direct investment in residential property.
Eligibility to join Superestate superannuation
To sign up for a superannuation account with Superestate, you may need to satisfy the following criteria:
- You must be an Australian resident
- You must be over 16 years of age
If you are under the age of 18, but earning more than $450/month before tax, you may need to be working more than 30 hours per week to qualify for a superannuation account.
How to join Superestate superannuation
If you satisfy all of the above eligibility criteria, then you can apply to join the Superestate super fund through its website.
Superestate Superannuation FAQs
Yes, Superestate has a dedicated online portal for its super fund members. You can view your account balance online, change your investment option, and more.
The money in your Superestate super account is invested by the fund. Superestate offers three different investment options, which have been detailed above. Check the PDS for more information on any individual product or investment option.
When choosing an investment option, it is important to take into your account investment timeframes and goals, and your personal risk tolerance for market fluctuations.
The fees charged by Superstate to its members include:
- $66 annual member fee, plus 0.24% p.a.
- 0.20% investment fee
- 0.56%/0.31% buy/sell spread (deducted every time units in an investment option are bought and sold)
Other fees may apply – read Superestate’s product disclosure statement for details.
It’s important to remember that the fees you’re charged can have a big impact on your super balance come retirement. Consider comparing Superestate’s fees to the average super fund fees on our database.
Yes, Superestate offers a consolidation service for members who have super in other funds.
It’s important to check with your existing super funds for information regarding costs such as exit fees and any insurance cover you may lose if you switch super funds. If you have any questions or concerns about the rollover process, contact Superestate.
To help stay on top of how your super is progressing, consider taking a close look at your regular statement. Here are some of the factors to watch out for:
- Personal details are up-to-date?
- Nominated beneficiaries are up-to-date?
- Tax File Number (TFN) is recorded?
- Super contributions from employer and/or your voluntary contributions are correct?
- Investment asset class choices are appropriate for your life stage?
- Amount paid in fees for the year is not too high?
- Insurance in super is still adequate coverage for your needs?
- Super is consolidated, after checking whether there is insurance or any other benefits attached to the account you may lose and you’re comfortable to do so?
- The big picture – are you happy with your super fund overall?
Superestate is a retail super fund that claims to have been “born out of the need for all Australians missing out to get their piece of the property pie.”
According to the fund its investment strategy allows members to invest in Australian residential property without the large amount of capital that normal property investment requires.
Superestate claims to be the only super fund that invests this way. Its properties are selected by what Superestate claims is “a team of Australia’s leading property experts”.