Compare Cbus Superannuation
If you’re considering Cbus superannuation, check out what’s available for those aged 30-39 years old, based on a super balance of $50K to $100K. Results are sorted by star ratings (high to low). To compare other super funds, visit the Canstar super fund comparison pages.
Types of Cbus Super Accounts
Cbus offer superannuation solutions to three main groups – members, employers, and pensioners. A corporate fund is typically arranged by an employer for their employees to use, a personal fund can be a more flexible option, and pension payments convert your super into regular income payments.
There are a lot of benefits coming from being a member of a Cbus Superfund, including:
- Profit-for-members industry super fund
- Tailored investment options
- Competitive fees
- Flexible insurance options available
- Discounted health insurance with HCF
- Free workplace visits to provide general advice and information
- Check your super anytime with the Cbus mobile app
- Free, over-the-phone financial advice or paid Financial Planner Payment Program available
Eligibility to apply for a Cbus Superannuation Account
To apply for any of the Cbus Super funds, you must be able to satisfy the following criteria:
- You must be an Australian resident
- You must be over 18 years of age
- You must be earning at least $450 before tax per month from an employer
- Be an employee or company in the construction, building and allied industry
If you are under the age of 18, but earning more than $450 before tax per month, you must be working more than 30 hours per week to qualify for super.
How to apply for a Cbus Super fund
If you’ve satisfied the above criteria, you are eligible to apply for a super fund. The first step in applying for a Cbus Super Account is choosing the type of membership that best suits you. Ask yourself the following questions:
- “Am I still working, and not yet ready to retire?” – Join as a super member
- “Am I about to retire or have already retired?” – Join as a pension member
- “Am I contributing for employees?” – Join as an employer
Once you’ve made a decision, you can either sign up online, or give them a call on 1300 361 784 (open Mon-Fri).
Cbus Super FAQs
Yes, Cbus have a dedicated online portal for their super fund members. You can access statements of your savings, download super fund information, and view your account balance. View the online portal here.
Most of the time, the money in your super fund account is invested by your super fund, and Cbus are no different. They offer a variety of investment options including pre-mixed, sector, and investment options.
It is important to take into account investment timeframes, and your personal tolerance for market fluctuations when choosing an investment option. The returns from your investment directly impact how quickly or slowly your super grows.
Cbus offer a consolidation service for members who have super in other funds. It’s important to check with your old funds for information regarding costs such as exit fees and insurance cover. If you have any questions or concerns, give Cbus a call on 1300 361 784.
Be sure to check these 9 things on your superannuation statement:
- Personal details are up-to-date
- Nominated beneficiaries are up-to-date
- Tax File Number (TFN) is recorded
- Super contributions from employer and/or your voluntary contributions are correct
- Investment asset class choices are appropriate for your life stage
- Amount paid in fees
- Insurance still adequate
- Super is consolidated, after checking whether there is insurance or any other benefits attached to the account you may lose and you’re comfortable to do so
- The big picture – are you happy with your super fund overall?
Formed in 1984, Cbus has a proud history of being one of Australia’s largest Superfunds. Because they are a superfund for members of the building, construction, and allied industries, Cbus are a significant investor in the Australian economy, particular in infrastructure and property assets.
As an industry superfund, Cbus Super are a non-for-profit organisation who exist for the benefit of their members. Their goal is to maximise retirement benefits for members who are dedicated to building Australian nation, and who play an important role in developing the infrastructure of Australia.
If you’re considering top performing superannuation funds, check out the following table which contains details of the superannuation funds rated by Canstar. This table has been sorted by one-year performance (highest to lowest).
Please note that the performance information shown in the table is for the investment option used by Canstar in rating of the superannuation product.