Compare HOSTPLUS Super
If you’re considering superannuation with HOSTPLUS Super, check out what’s available for those aged 30-39 years old, based on a super balance of $55K to $100K. Results are sorted by Star Ratings (high to low). To compare other super funds, visit the Canstar super fund comparison pages.
Types of HOSTPLUS Super accounts
HOSTPLUS Super offers three retirement-related products to choose from:
- Corporate super arranged by an employer for their employees to use
- Personal super available for individual employees
- Account-based pension converts superannuation into regular income payments for retirees and workers in the transition to retirement (TTR) stage
There are a lot of benefits available to HOSTPLUS Super members who have a personal super account, including:
- Competitive investment performance
- Flexible investment options
- No establishment fees and low administration fees
- Insurance in super available for death cover (life insurance), and total and permanent disability (TPD) cover
- Over-the-phone financial advice available
- Easy online account access
- Extra benefits include discounted travel for eligible members, banking products, health insurance, NRL and AFL tickets, and more.
5 Star Rated Superannuation Funds
If you’re considering outstanding value superannuation funds, check out the table below which displays a snapshot of 5-Star superannuation funds on Canstar for Australians aged 30-39 with a super balance of $55K to $100K, sorted by provider name (alphabetically).
Each tab below shows outstanding superannuation funds for corresponding superannuation balances.
Use Canstar’s superannuation comparison selector for a wider selection of super funds based on your individual circumstances.
“The Star Ratings in this table were awarded in March 2018. The search results do not include all providers and may not compare all features relevant to you. View the CANSTAR Superannuation Star Ratings Methodology and Report. These results are general advice only and not personal financial advice. Ratings are only one factor to take into account when deciding whether to make an investment. Consider the Product Disclosure Statement before making a purchase decision.”
Eligibility to join HOSTPLUS Super
Hostplus Industry members
Generally anyone can join Hostplus, as long as you are an Australian resident for tax purposes or are employed by an eligible Australian employer. Applications made from persons outside Australia who are not employed by an eligible Australian employer will not be accepted.
You can become a Hostplus member if:
- Hostplus is the chosen super fund of your employer and they have become a participating employer
- you have requested that your employer become a participating employer, or
- Hostplus is the nominated super fund in your employment agreement or award.
Hostplus Personal Super Plan members
You can become a Hostplus Personal Super Plan member if:
- You’re eligible for Super Choice, ie. you’re employed by a non-Hostplus participating employer,
- You’re self-employed, or
- You’re not in paid employment.
How to join HOSTPLUS Super
You can join HOSTPLUS by clicking on its products in Canstar’s superannuation comparison tables and then sign up online on its website, or call 1300 467 875 (available Monday to Friday between 8 am and 8 pm AEST).
HOSTPLUS Super FAQs
Yes, HOSTPLUS Super has a dedicated online portal for super fund members. You can view your account balance online, access statements for your account, download super fund information and more. Access the online portal here.
The money in your HOSTPLUS Super account is invested by your super fund. It offers a variety of investment options including pre-mixed, sector and direct investment options. There is also a Choiceplus investment option available to members that to play a more active role in their investments.
When choosing an investment option, it is important to take into your account investment time frames and goals, and your personal risk tolerance for market fluctuations. Learn more about how to choose between different investment options on the Canstar website.
The table above shows the total fee cost per year to have a super account with HOSTPLUS Super. Compare these fees to the average super fund fees on our database, as it’s important not to let your super be eaten away by fees before you retire.
Yes, HOSTPLUS Super offers a consolidation service for members who have super in other funds.
It’s important to check with your old super funds for information regarding costs such as exit fees and insurance cover you may lose if you switch super funds. If you have any questions or concerns about the rollover process, give HOSTPLUS Super a call on 1300 467 875.
Be sure to check these nine things on your superannuation statement:
- Personal details are up-to-date
- Nominated beneficiaries are up-to-date
- Tax File Number (TFN) is recorded
- Super contributions from employer and/or your voluntary contributions are correct
- Investment asset class choices are appropriate for your life stage
- Amount paid in fees for the year is not too high
- Insurance in super is still adequate coverage for your needs
- Super is consolidated, after checking whether there is insurance or any other benefits attached to the account you may lose and you’re comfortable to do so
- The big picture – are you happy with your super fund overall?
Founded by the Australian Hotels Association (AHA) and United Voice in 1988, HOSTPLUS has grown to be one of the largest super funds in Australia.
As an industry super fund, HOSTPLUS Super is a non-for-profit organisation that exists for the benefit of members. Its goal is to maximise retirement benefits for members, specialising in providing services for the tourism, hospitality, recreation and sports industries.
By providing quality superannuation, retirement, education and financial services for members, HOSTPLUS Super is proud to be one of the lowest cost super funds on the market.
HOSTPLUS Super also has a strong Reconciliation Action Plan. It understands the importance of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures in Australia and is a large advocate for equity outcomes between non-Aboriginal and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
If you’re considering outstanding value superannuation funds, check out the the table below which displays a snapshot of 5-Star superannuation funds on Canstar for Australians aged 30-39 with a super balance of $55k – $100k, sorted by provider name (alphabetically). Use Canstar’s superannuation comparison selector for a wider selection of super funds based on your individual circumstances.