Compare Suncorp Superannuation
If you’re considering superannuation with Suncorp, check out what’s available for those aged 30-39 years old, based on a super balance of $55K to $100K. Results are sorted by Star Ratings (high to low). To compare other super funds, visit the Canstar super fund comparison pages.
Types of Suncorp super accounts
Suncorp offers three retirement-related products to choose from:
- Corporate super arranged by an employer for their employees to use
- Personal super available for individual employees
- Account-based pension converts superannuation into regular income payments for retirees and workers in the transition to retirement (TTR) stage
- Self-managed super fund options
There are a lot of benefits available to Suncorp members who have a personal super account, including:
- Competitive investment performance
- Flexible investment options
- World-class investments
- Low cost and transparent administration fees
- Insurance in super available for death cover (life insurance), and total and permanent disability (TPD) cover
- Over-the-phone financial advice available
- Easy online account access
Eligibility to join Suncorp Superannuation
To sign up for a superannuation account with Suncorp, you must be able to satisfy the following criteria:
- You must be an Australian resident
- You must be over 18 years of age
- You must be earning at least $450/month before tax from an employer
If you are under the age of 18, but earning more than $450/month before tax, you must be working more than 30 hours per week to qualify for super.
How to join Suncorp Superannuation
If you satisfy all of the above eligibility criteria, then you can apply to join Suncorp. You can sign up for a Suncorp Super account by clicking on its products in Canstar’s superannuation comparison tables and then sign up online on its website, or call 13 11 55 (available Monday to Friday between 8 am and 6 pm AEST).
Yes, Suncorp has a dedicated online portal for its super fund members. You can view your account balance online, access statements for your account, download super fund information and more. Access the online portal here.
The money in your Suncorp superannuation account is invested by your super fund. It offers a variety of investment options including pre-mixed, sector and direct investment options, which ensures the money goes back into your industry.
When choosing an investment option, it is important to take into account your investment timeframes and goals, and your personal risk tolerance for market fluctuations. Learn more about how to choose between different investment options on the Canstar website.
The table above shows the total fee cost per year to have a super account with Suncorp. Compare these fees to the average super fund fees on our database, as it’s important not to let your super be eaten away by fees before you retire.
Yes, Suncorp offers a consolidation service for members who have super in other funds.
It’s important to check with your old super funds for information regarding costs such as exit fees and insurance cover you may lose if you switch super funds. If you have any questions or concerns about the rollover process, give Suncorp Super a call on 13 11 55.
Be sure to check these nine things on your superannuation statement:
- Personal details are up-to-date
- Nominated beneficiaries are up-to-date
- Tax File Number (TFN) is recorded
- Super contributions from employer and/or your voluntary contributions are correct
- Investment asset class choices are appropriate for your life stage
- Amount paid in fees for the year is not too high
- Insurance in super is still adequate coverage for your needs
- Super is consolidated, after checking whether there is insurance or any other benefits attached to the account you may lose and you’re comfortable to do so
- The big picture – are you happy with your super fund overall?
Suncorp has been delivering superannuation and retirement products for more than 20 years. Over that time, it has built up more than 220,000 customers and pays more than $7 million a month in retirement incomes.
Suncorp Superannuation is part of the Suncorp Group, which includes a number of banking products like general insurance, life insurance, superannuation and investment brands in Australia and New Zealand. It prides itself on helping people live the life they want right now, and plan for the life they want tomorrow.
Suncorp also contributes to a number of community and health organisations including; Youngcare, The Financial Basics Foundation, medical research. It also sponsors organisations such as The Queensland Ballet, The Queensland Maroons and Netball Australia.
If you’re considering outstanding value superannuation funds, check out the the table below which displays a snapshot of 5-Star superannuation funds on Canstar for Australians aged 30-39 with a super balance of $55k – $100k, sorted by provider name (alphabetically). Use Canstar’s superannuation comparison selector for a wider selection of super funds based on your individual circumstances.