Compare HESTA Super
If you’re considering superannuation with HESTA Super, check out what’s available for those aged 30-39 years old, based on a super balance of $55K to $100K. Results are sorted by Star Ratings (high to low). To compare other super funds, visit the Canstar super fund comparison pages.
Types of HESTA Super accounts
HESTA Super offers three retirement-related products to choose from:
- Corporate super arranged by an employer for their employees to use
- Personal super available for individual employees
- Account-based pension converts superannuation into regular income payments for retirees and workers in the transition to retirement (TTR) stage
There are a lot of benefits available to HESTA Super members who have a personal super account, including:
- Competitive investment performance
- Flexible investment options
- No establishment fees and low administration fees
- Insurance in super available for death cover (life insurance), and total and permanent disability (TPD) cover
- Over-the-phone financial advice available
- Easy online account access
- Access to ME Bank’s Member Benefits Program, which gives members special interest rates on home loans, credit cards and everyday banking
- 5% off GMHBA Private Health Insurance premiums
Eligibility to join HESTA Super
To sign up for a superannuation account with HESTA Super, you must be able to satisfy the following criteria:
- You must be an Australian resident
- You must be over 18 years of age
- You must be earning at least $450/month before tax from an employer
If you are under the age of 18, but earning more than $450/month before tax, you must be working more than 30 hours per week to qualify for super.
How to join HESTA Super
If you satisfy all of the above eligibility criteria, then you can apply to join HESTA Super. You can sign up for a HESTA Super account by clicking on its products in Canstar’s superannuation comparison tables and then sign up online on its website, or call 1800 813 327 (available Monday to Friday between 8 am and 8 pm).
HESTA Super FAQs
Yes, HESTA Super has a dedicated online portal for super fund members. You can view your account balance online, access statements for your account, download super fund information and more. Access the online portal here.
The money in your HESTA Super account is invested by your super fund. It offers a variety of investment options including pre-mixed, sector and direct investment options like shares, bonds, property and cash.
HESTA has four possible investment pools, each of which carries a varying degree of risk:
- Core pool: a diversified but balanced mix of assets.
- Conservative Pool: suits defensive investors.
- Shares Plus: aggressive, aims to provide higher long-term returns than Core Pool.
- Eco Pool: Invests in companies with the best combination of financial, environmental, social and governance performance as assessed by our managers.
When choosing an investment option, it is important to take into account your investment time frames and goals, and your personal risk tolerance for market fluctuations. Learn more about how to choose between different investment options on the Canstar website.
Yes, HESTA Super offers a consolidation service for members who have super in other funds.
It’s important to check with your old super funds for information regarding costs such as exit fees and insurance cover you may lose if you switch super funds. If you have any questions or concerns about the rollover process, give HESTA Super a call on 1800 813 327.
Be sure to check these nine things on your superannuation statement:
- Personal details are up-to-date
- Nominated beneficiaries are up-to-date
- Tax File Number (TFN) is recorded
- Super contributions from employer and/or your voluntary contributions are correct
- Investment asset class choices are appropriate for your life stage
- Amount paid in fees for the year is not too high
- Insurance in super is still adequate coverage for your needs
- Super is consolidated, after checking whether there is insurance or any other benefits attached to the account you may lose and you’re comfortable to do so
- The big picture – are you happy with your super fund overall?
Since its initial introduction more than 30 years ago, HESTA has been helping out members of the health and community services industries.
As an industry super fund, HESTA Super is a non-for-profit organisation that exists for the benefit of members. Its goal is to maximise retirement benefits for members. By providing quality superannuation, retirement, education and financial services for members, HESTA Super is proud to be one of the lowest cost super funds on the market.
HESTA also has a strong Reconciliation Action Plan. It understands the importance of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures in Australia and is a large advocate for equity outcomes between non-Aboriginal and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
If you’re considering top performing superannuation funds, check out the following table which contains details of the superannuation funds rated by Canstar. This table has been sorted by one-year performance (highest to lowest).
Please note that the performance information shown in the table is for the investment option used by Canstar in rating of the superannuation product.