Compare BUSSQ superannuation
If you’re considering superannuation with BUSSQ, check out what’s available for those aged 30-39 years old, based on a super balance of $55K to $100K. Results are sorted by star ratings (high to low). To compare other super funds, visit the Canstar super fund comparison pages.
Types of BUSSQ super accounts
BUSSQ offers two retirement-related products to choose from:
- MySuper fund (default super fund)
- Premium Choice super fund
There are a lot of benefits available to BUSSQ members, including:
- Default or tailored insurance options
- Competitive fees and charges
- Competitive investment returns (one of Australia’s best performing super funds over the long-term as of 2015-16)
- Variety of investment options including pre-mixed, sector, and direct investment options
- Industry super fund
- Financial advice available from a qualified professional
- Flexible insurance cover options
Eligibility to join BUSSQ superannuation
To sign up for a superannuation account with BUSSQ, you must be able to satisfy the following criteria:
- You must be an Australian resident
- You must be over 18 years of age
- You must be earning at least $450/month before tax from an employer
If you are under the age of 18, but earning more than $450/month before tax, you must be working more than 30 hours per week to qualify for a superannuation account.
Many people think that because BUSSQ Super is for employees of the construction, building and civil industries – but in fact it is a public offer super fund, which means anyone can join.
How to join BUSSQ superannuation
If you satisfy the above eligibility criteria, then you can apply to join the BUSSQ super fund. You can sign up for a BUSSQ super account by clicking on their products in Canstar’s superannuation comparison tables and then applying online or calling BUSSQ on 1800 69 2877.
BUSSQ Superannuation FAQs
Yes, BUSSQ has a dedicated online portal for their super fund members. You can view your account balance online, access statements for your account, download super fund information, and more. Access the online portal here.
The money in your BUSSQ super account is invested by your super fund. They offer a variety of investment options including pre-mixed, sector, and direct investment options.
When choosing an investment option, it is important to take into your account investment timeframes and goals, and your personal risk tolerance for market fluctuations. Learn more about how to choose between different investment options on the Canstar website.
Yes, BUSSQ offers a consolidation service for members who have super in other funds. It is free of charge and they do the rollover of your super for you.
It’s important to check with your old super funds for information regarding costs such as exit fees and any insurance cover you may lose if you switch super funds. If you have any questions or concerns about the rollover process, give BUSSQ a call on 1800 69 2877.
Be sure to check these 9 things on your superannuation statement:
- Personal details are up-to-date
- Nominated beneficiaries are up-to-date
- Tax File Number (TFN) is recorded
- Super contributions from employer and/or your voluntary contributions are correct
- Investment asset class choices are appropriate for your life stage
- Amount paid in fees for the year is not too high
- Insurance in super is still adequate coverage for your needs
- Super is consolidated, after checking whether there is insurance or any other benefits attached to the account you may lose and you’re comfortable to do so
- The big picture – are you happy with your super fund overall?
For the last 30 years, BUSSQ Super has been creating a superior lifestyle in retirement for super fund members working in the building, construction and civil industries and their families and friends.
As an industry superfund, BUSSQ Super are a non-for-profit organisation who exist for the benefit of their members. Their goal is to maximise retirement benefits for members of the building, civil and construction industries. By providing quality superannuation, retirement, education, and financial services for their members, BUSSQ Super are proud to be a low-cost, member run super fund.
If you’re considering outstanding value superannuation funds, check out the the table below which displays a snapshot of 5-Star superannuation funds on Canstar for Australians aged 30-39 with a super balance of $55k – $100k, sorted by provider name (alphabetically). Use Canstar’s superannuation comparison selector for a wider selection of super funds based on your individual circumstances.