Mercer Australia Superannuation
Types of Mercer Australia super accounts
Mercer Australia offers superannuation solutions to three main groups – members, employers and pensioners.
A corporate fund is typically arranged by an employer for their employees to use, a personal fund can be a more flexible option and pension payments convert your super into regular income payments. There are a lot of benefits to being a Mercer Australia super fund member, including:
- Competitive investment performance
- All profits returned to, or for the benefit of members
- Flexible and cost-effective
- Protected online account access
- Income streams for retired members
- Over-the-phone financial advice
- Total and Permanent Disability (TPD) and Death Cover
Eligibility to apply for a Mercer Australia Superannuation Account
To apply for any of the Mercer Australia Super funds, you must be able to satisfy the following criteria:
- You must be an Australian resident
- You must be over 18 years of age
- You must be earning at least $450 before tax per month from an employer
If you are under the age of 18, but earning more than $450 before tax per month, you must be working more than 30 hours per week to qualify for super.
How to apply for a Mercer Australia super fund
If you’ve satisfied the above criteria, you are eligible to apply for a super fund. The first step in applying for a Mercer Australia super account is choosing the type of membership that best suits you. Ask yourself the following questions:
- “Am I still working, and not yet ready to retire?” – Join as a super member
- “Am I about to retire or have already retired?” – Join as a pension member
- “Am I contributing for employees?” – Join as an employer
Once you’ve made a decision, you can either sign up online or utilise the chat and email option on Mercer Australia’s website.
Mercer Australia Superannuation FAQs
Yes, Mercer Australia has a dedicated online portal for its super fund members. By clicking here, you can access statements of your savings, download superfund information and view your account balance.
Most of the time, the money in your super fund account is invested by your super fund, and Mercer Australia is no different. It offers a variety of investment options including pre-mixed, sector and direct investment options.
It is important to take into account investment timeframes, and your personal tolerance for market fluctuations when choosing an investment option. The returns from your investment directly impact how quickly or slowly your super grows.
The table above shows the total fee cost to have a Mercer Australia Super account per year. Compare these fees to the average super fund fees on our database.
Mercer Australia offers a consolidation service for members who have super in other funds. It’s important to check with your old funds for information regarding costs such as exit fees and insurance cover. If you have any questions or concerns, visit or call one of its many branches across Australia.
Be sure to check these nine things on your superannuation statement:
- Personal details are up-to-date
- Nominated beneficiaries are up-to-date
- Tax File Number (TFN) is recorded
- Super contributions from employer and/or your voluntary contributions are correct
- Investment asset class choices are appropriate for your life stage
- Amount paid in fees
- Insurance still adequate
- Super is consolidated, after checking whether there is insurance or any other benefits attached to the account you may lose and you’re comfortable to do so
- The big picture – are you happy with your super fund overall?
Mercer Limited is a global company that has been providing financial services for 80 years, in more than 40 countries. Its mission is to “help clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset – their people”.
Another important aspect of Mercer is its diversity and inclusion initiative, which includes networking and development opportunities to a number of diverse groups. This helps to foster community partnerships and client relationships.