Australian Catholic Superannuation & Retirement Fund
Compare Australian Catholic Superannuation
If you’re considering an Australian Catholic Superannuation fund, check out what’s available based on a super balance of $55K to $100K. Results are sorted by Star Ratings (high to low).To compare Australian Catholic Superannuation with other super funds, visit the Canstar super fund comparison pages.
Types of Australian Catholic Superannuation accounts
Australian Catholic Superannuation offers three retirement-related products to choose from:
- Corporate super arranged by an employer for their employees to use
- Personal super available for individual employees
- Account-based pension converts superannuation into regular income payments for retirees and workers in the transition to retirement (TTR) stage
There are a lot of benefits available to Australian Catholic Superannuation members who have a personal super account, including:
- Not-for-profit super fund (all profits returned to, or for the benefit of, members)
- Investment options include MySuper
- Competitive investment performance
- Easy online account access
- Insurance in super available for death cover (life insurance), and total and permanent disability (TPD) cover
- Access to banking services available through ME Bank and discounted private health insurance through GMHBA
- Over-the-phone financial advice available (no commission financial planning)
- Regular seminars and workplace presentations on super and retirement
Eligibility to join Australian Catholic Superannuation
To sign up for a superannuation account with Australian Catholic Superannuation, you must be able to satisfy the following criteria:
- You must be an Australian resident
- You must be over 18 years of age
- You must be earning at least $450/month before tax from an employer
If you are under the age of 18, but earning more than $450/month before tax, you must be working more than 30 hours per week to qualify for a superannuation account.
How to join Australian Catholic Superannuation
If you satisfy all of the above eligibility criteria, then you can apply to join Australian Catholic Superannuation. You can sign up for an Australian Catholic Superannuation super account by clicking on their products in Canstar’s superannuation comparison tables and then signing up online on their website or calling them on 1300 658 766 (open Mon-Fri).
Australian Catholic Superannuation FAQs
Yes, Australian Catholic Superannuation has a dedicated online portal for their super fund members. You can view your account balance online, access statements for your account, download super fund information, and more.
The money in your Australian Catholic Superannuation super account is invested by your super fund. They offer a variety of investment options including pre-mixed, sector, and direct investment options.
When choosing an investment option, it is important to take into your account investment timeframes and goals, and your personal risk tolerance for market fluctuations. Learn more about how to choose between different investment options on the Canstar website.
Yes, Australian Catholic Superannuation offers a consolidation service for members who have super in other funds.
It’s important to check with your old super funds for information regarding costs such as exit fees and insurance cover you may lose if you switch super funds. If you have any questions or concerns about the rollover process, give Australian Catholic Superannuation a call on 1300 658 766.
Be sure to check these 9 things on your superannuation statement:
- Personal details are up-to-date
- Nominated beneficiaries are up-to-date
- Tax File Number (TFN) is recorded
- Super contributions from employer and/or your voluntary contributions are correct
- Investment asset class choices are appropriate for your life stage
- Amount paid in fees for the year is not too high
- Insurance in super is still adequate coverage for your needs
- Super is consolidated, after checking whether there is insurance or any other benefits attached to the account you may lose and you’re comfortable to do so
- The big picture – are you happy with your super fund overall?
Australian Catholic Superannuation are open to the public, and are a favoured fund of choice for people working in the Catholic sector – for example those in the education, health care, aged care, and welfare industries.
As an industry superfund, Australian Catholic Superannuation are a not-for-profit organisation that exists to benefit their members. Their goal is to maximise retirement benefits for Australians who share the values that Australian Catholic Superannuation aims to reflect.
Australian Catholic Superannuation is a big contributor to the Catholic education community, with a focus on children, youth, and future generations. Some of their partnerships at the time of writing include the Catholic Secondary Principal’s Association of WA, Queensland Catholic Education Week, PROCLAIM Conferences, RU OK? Day, and The Gut Foundation.
If you’re considering top performing superannuation funds, check out the following table which contains details of the superannuation funds rated by Canstar. This table has been sorted by one-year performance (highest to lowest).
Please note that the performance information shown in the table is for the investment option used by Canstar in rating of the superannuation product.