Types of TWUSUPER accounts
TWUSUPER offers three retirement-related products to choose from:
- Corporate super arranged by an employer for their employees to use
- Personal super available for individual employees
- Account-based pension converts superannuation into regular income payments for retirees and workers in the transition to retirement (TTR) stage
There are a lot of benefits available to TWUSUPER members who have a personal super account, including:
- Competitive investment performance
- Flexible investment options
- Low cost and transparent administration fees
- Insurance in super available for death cover (life insurance), and total and permanent disability (TPD) cover
- Over-the-phone financial advice available
- Easy online account access
- Not-for-profit industry super fund
- Low-interest rate home loans and credit cards with ME Bank
Eligibility to join TWUSUPER
To sign up for a superannuation account with TWUSUPER, you must be able to satisfy the following criteria:
- You must be an Australian resident
- You must be over 18 years of age
- You must be earning at least $450/month before tax from an employer
- You or your spouse must be in the transport and logistics sector
If you are under the age of 18, but earning more than $450/month before tax, you must be working more than 30 hours per week to qualify for super.
How to join TWUSUPER
If you satisfy all of the above eligibility criteria, then you can apply to join TWUSUPER. You can sign up for a TWUSUPER account by clicking on its products in Canstar’s superannuation comparison tables and then sign up online on their website.
Yes, TWUSUPER has a dedicated online portal for its super fund members. You can view your account balance online, access statements for your account, download super fund information and more. Access the online portal here.
The money in your TWUSUPER account is invested by your super fund. It offers a variety of investment options including pre-mixed, sector and direct investment options, which ensures the money goes back into your industry. TWUSUPER lets you choose one of three investment options – Cash Plus, Balanced (MySuper) and Equity Plus. Each of these investment types is based on different perceptions of risk and savings goals.
When choosing an investment option, it is important to take into account your investment timeframes and goals, and your personal risk tolerance for market fluctuations. Learn more about how to choose between different investment options on the Canstar website.
You can compare TWUSUPER fees to other super fund fees on our database.
Yes, TWUSUPER offers a consolidation service for members who have super in other funds.
It’s important to check with your old super funds for information regarding costs such as exit fees and insurance cover you may lose if you switch super funds. If you have any questions or concerns about the rollover process, contact TWUSUPER.
Be sure to check these nine things on your superannuation statement:
- Personal details are up-to-date
- Nominated beneficiaries are up-to-date
- Tax File Number (TFN) is recorded
- Super contributions from employer and/or your voluntary contributions are correct
- Investment asset class choices are appropriate for your life stage
- Amount paid in fees for the year is not too high
- Insurance in super is still adequate coverage for your needs
- Super is consolidated, after checking whether there is insurance or any other benefits attached to the account you may lose and you’re comfortable to do so
- The big picture – are you happy with your super fund overall?
Established over 20 years ago, TWUSUPER was made for employees, spouses and family members of employees in the transport and logistics industry to enjoy great member benefits. It is proud to fund the people “who keep Australia moving”.
As an industry super fund, Prime Super is a not-for-profit organisation that exists for the benefit of members. Its goal is to maximise retirement benefits for members by providing quality superannuation, retirement, education and financial services.