Zurich Life Insurance
“Protect what’s precious to you.”
Compare Zurich Life Insurance
Considering Zurich Life Insurance? See our comparison table below for a snapshot of their current market offerings. Please note that this table has been formulated based on a non-smoker male in a professional occupation who is seeking cover. If you would like to compare further life insurance products, please click here.
About Zurich Australia
Zurich Australia began in 1920 when the Commonwealth General Assurance Corporation was founded in NSW, and it became part of the Zurich Insurance Group in 1961. Today, they operate in over 170 countries, and employ more than 1,200 people in Australia alone.
A friendly, helpful, Australian-based staff member will take care of your claim, making a stressful time a little easier. Their average call-to-answer time is an amazing 13 seconds, and you speak to a real person right away, with no recorded menus. In 2012, Zurich Australia paid over $80 million in claims.
Zurich Australia was the proud winner of the CANSTAR award for Outstanding Value Life Insurance from 2011-2016.
How Zurich Australia supports the community
- Z Zurich Foundation: Donating to not-for-profit organisations and community projects around the world, focussing on sustainable disaster management, social and economic empowerment, and insurance literacy and risk management.
- Young people: Zurich Australia funds The Smith Family’s ‘Learning For Life’ program to help young, disadvantaged Aussies get the most out of their education.
- Volunteering: Zurich employees get one day of leave per year to volunteer for any registered charity or not-for-profit organisation they care about.
- Flood cover: Zurich Australia was the first insurer in Australia to automatically include flood cover in its general insurance.
How Zurich Australia supports the environment
- Green Office: Zurich Australia’s Green Office reduces the environmental impact of daily work, focussing on reducing water usage, paper consumption and electricity usage, and encouraging recycling.
- Green power: Zurich Australia sources 50% of its electricity from green power.
- Climate change: Zurich have reduced their carbon emissions by 37% against 2007 base levels, and became a carbon neutral business in 2014. Zurich also helps its customers understand the risks of climate change and protect themselves from these risks.