Fast Cover Travel Insurance
Compare Fast Cover Travel Insurance policies
The table below displays a snapshot of Fast Cover Travel Insurance’s policies on Canstar’s database, sorted by Star Rating (highest to lowest). Please note the products and Star Ratings displayed are based on a couple travelling to the USA aged under 70.
What types of travel insurance does Fast Cover offer?
Fast Cover offers both domestic and international travel insurance, with specialised policies for annual travellers, seniors, cruisers and skiers. All of these fit under Fast Cover’s comprehensive travel policy.
If you’re unsure as to which kind of travel insurance is most appropriate for you, or would like to better understand the differences between the different types of cover, check out our comprehensive guide on travel insurance.
What does Fast Cover’s domestic and international travel insurance cover?
Fast Cover Travel Insurance’s International Comprehensive policy will cover you for:
- Medical cover: Fast Cover Comprehensive has unlimited medical, dental and hospital cover; however, you must provide a medical practitioner’s report confirming you’re unfit to travel.
- Loss/theft of personal items: Fast Cover also covers the loss or theft of personal items, including trip delays or damage. It will pay up to $10,000 for various different items.
- Travel cancellation: Fast Cover has unlimited cancellation and amendment fees, which include accommodation meals and tours if there is an unforeseeable event.
- Travel delays: It also covers travel delays due to strikes, natural disasters, riots or other severe weather conditions. Its comprehensive cover offers $200 every 12 hours, with a total amount up to $2,000.
- Rental car excess: If, as a result of an unexpected event, the rental vehicle you have hired is stolen or damaged during your journey, Fast Cover Comprehensive will reimburse you for any non-refundable excess payable to the rental vehicle company of up to $5,000.
- 24/7 assistance: Fast Cover Travel’s emergency worldwide assistance team is available 24 hours a day via phone.
- Lost or stolen documents: Fast Cover will cover the cost involved in replacing important documents that have been lost or stolen.
Please note that exclusions may apply. For example, your medical cover may not pay claims for medical or dental treatment received in Australia, and it will only cover losses related pregnancy up to and including the twentieth week. Another example of an exclusion is not being covered for any delays caused by a natural disaster occurring before the start date of your insurance.
For more details about what is and isn’t covered, check out the Product Disclosure Statement on Fast Cover’s website.
Fast Cover FAQs
Yes, Fast Cover’s comprehensive policy has unlimited cover for overseas medical and hospital expenses under the following circumstances:
- You need medical assistance for an unexpected illness
- You’re seriously injured in an accident
- You need to be evacuated for an unexpected injury
As always, various conditions and exclusions will apply. It’s highly unlikely that you will be covered if the injury you suffer is classified as a ‘pre-existing condition’, for example.
For more information on whether you’re covered or not, read Fast Cover Travel Insurance’s Product Disclosure Statement.
Yes, Fast Cover will cover you up to a certain amount for replacing or reimbursing luggage and personal effects that are lost, stolen or damaged while travelling.
Under Fast Cover’s comprehensive policy, up to $10,000 worth of your belongings will be covered. Fast Cover will also cover:
- The cost of essential medication if it’s lost or destroyed
- Up to $750 per item for essential items
- $3,000 per item for laptops, tablets, cameras, etc.
Again, there are exclusions that come with Fast Cover Travel Insurance’s policies. For personal items and jewellery, you must specify them before applying, and all items must be approved by Fast Cover; otherwise they will not be covered. Ensure you check the PDS to find out more about what items and luggage are and aren’t covered.
If you’re not sure what to do when your luggage goes missing, check out our guide on travel mishaps and how to avoid them.
Yes, Fast Cover Travel Insurance has unlimited for lost deposits and cancellation fees for pre-paid travel arrangements due to unforeseen circumstances outside the traveller’s control on a policy. This includes:
- Prepaid travel – accommodation, meals, tours and activities
- Up to $1,500 in travel agent cancelation fees
Read the Product Disclosure Statement for more information on the various exclusions that may apply.
You can purchase a Fast Cover travel insurance policy by first comparing your options with Canstar and then generating a quote online. All you need to list is your personal details (age, length of trip, address, etc.), your pre-existing conditions and your choice of cover.
There are three main ways you can lodge a claim with Fast Cover.
- You can lodge a claim over the phone as it provides 24/7 emergency assistance, as well as reverse charges if you’re calling internationally. For a domestic claim, call 1300 409 322. For an international claim, call +61 2 8320 7999.
- You can lodge a claim online – email the claim form and supporting documents from a laptop or smartphone to claims-fch@Fast Cover.com.au.
- You can claim by post by downloading your claim form, attaching original receipts and mailing them to:
Fast Cover Claims
Locked Bag 2010
St Leonards NSW 1590
Fast Cover has been providing Australians with specialised travel insurance policies since 2010. Its mission is to offer travellers cover that they actually need and will use, providing the best value for money as possible.
When planning a holiday, there are always a million things that need to be done. Fast Cover has the mission to make the process of buying travel insurance fast and simple – one less added stress.
Fast Cover Comprehensive
USA2017 Star Ratings Report