Worldcare Travel Insurance
Compare Worldcare Travel Insurance
The table below displays a snapshot of Worldcare Travel Insurance policies on Canstar’s database, sorted by Star Rating (highest to lowest). Please note the products and Star Ratings displayed are based on a couple travelling to the USA aged under 70.
What types of travel insurance does Worldcare offer?
Worldcare offers both domestic and international travel insurance, as well as an annual multi-trip policy if you’re a frequent international traveller. If you’re unsure as to which kind of travel insurance is most appropriate for you, or would like to better understand the differences between the different types of cover, check out our comprehensive guide on travel insurance.
What does Worldcare International Travel Insurance cover?
Worldcare’s International Comprehensive policy will cover you for:
- Medical cover: Worldcare offers unlimited medical and hospital cover. You must provide a medical practitioner’s report confirming you’re unfit to travel.
- Loss/theft of personal items: Worldcare also covers the loss or theft of personal items, including trip delays or damage. It will pay up to $10,000.
- Travel delays/cancellation: Worldcare Comprehensive offers unlimited cancellation cover and lost deposits. It also offers additional travel and accommodation due to strikes, natural disasters, riots or other severe weather conditions that may delay your trip.
- Rental car excess: If, as a result of an unexpected event, the rental vehicle you have hired is stolen or damaged during your journey, Worldcare Comprehensive will reimburse you for any non-refundable excess payable to the rental vehicle company up to $3,000.
- 24/7 assistance: Worldcare’s emergency worldwide assistance team is available 24 hours a day via phone.
- Lost or stolen documents: Worldcare will cover the cost involved in replacing important documents that have been lost or stolen.
Please note that exclusions may apply. For example, your medical cover may not pay claims for medical or dental treatment received in Australia, while it will only cover losses related pregnancy up to and including the twentieth week. Another example of an exclusion is not being covered for any delays caused by a natural disaster occurring before the start date of your insurance.
For more details about what is and isn’t covered, check out the Product Disclosure Statement on the Worldcare website.Compare Travel Insurance
Yes, the Worldcare International Travel Insurance policy has unlimited cover for overseas medical and hospital expenses under the following circumstances:
- You need medical assistance for an unexpected illness
- You’re seriously injured in an accident
- You need to be evacuated for an unexpected injury
As always, various conditions and exclusions will apply. It’s highly unlikely that you will be covered if the injury you suffer is classified as a ‘pre-existing condition’, for example.
For more information, read the Worldcare Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).
Yes, Worldcare will cover you up to a certain amount for replacing or reimbursing luggage and personal effects that are lost, stolen or damaged while travelling.
Under the Worldcare international policy, up to $10,000 worth of your belongings will be covered. Worldcare will also cover the cost of essential medication if lost or destroyed and has sub-limits for items such as laptops, tablets and cameras.
Again, there are exclusions that come with Worldcare policies. For personal items and jewellery, you must specify them before applying, and all items must be approved by Worldcare; otherwise they will not be covered. Ensure you check the PDS to find out more about what items and luggage are and aren’t covered.
If you’re not sure what to do when your luggage goes missing, check out our guide on travel mishaps and how to avoid them.
Yes, Worldcare Comprehensive Travel Insurance will provide unlimited cover on lost deposits and cancellation fees for pre-paid travel arrangements due to unforeseen circumstances outside the traveller’s control on a policy. Read the Product Disclosure Statement for more information.
You can purchase a Worldcare policy by first comparing your options with Canstar and then generating a quote online. The generator should ask questions such as travel dates, the age of the travellers and the destination, as well as optional extras including snow sport and sub–limits on valuables. It should take around 10 minutes.Compare Travel Insurance
There are two ways you can lodge a claim with Worldcare, including:
- Calling its claims line on 1300 726 087 and talking to one of its qualified customer service representatives.
- Submitting a claim form online via its claims portal.
Make sure you have the following documents (and details) ready:
- Policy number
- Personal details
- Supporting documentation (flight details, itinerary, receipts, etc.)
- Bank account details
Australia owned and operated, Worldcare has been providing international and domestic travel insurance for over 20 years. Its insurance policies are underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Ltd, one of the largest insurers in the world.
With a 24-hour emergency assistance contact centre based in Brisbane and a rich experience in the dos and don’ts of travel, Worldcare is proud to offer products to suit your travel insurance needs.Compare Travel Insurance