Columbus Direct Travel Insurance
Compare Columbus Direct travel insurance policies
The table below displays a snapshot of Columbus’s policies on Canstar’s database, sorted by Star Rating (highest to lowest). Please note the products and Star Ratings displayed are based on a couple travelling to the USA aged under 70.
What types of travel insurance does Columbus Direct travel insurance offer?
Columbus offers both domestic and international travel insurance, with specialised policies for annual travellers, seniors, cruisers and skiers. It has one policy available, which offers a range of benefits.
What does Columbus’s domestic and international travel insurance cover?
Columbus Direct’s international policy will cover you for:
- Medical cover: Columbus has a limit of up to $25 million for medical and hospital cover, as well as a $1,000 limit for overseas dental. You must provide a medical practitioner’s report confirming you’re unfit to travel.
- Loss/theft of personal items: Columbus also covers the loss or theft of personal items, including trip delays or damage. It will pay up to $10,000 for various different items such as electronic equipment.
- Travel delays/cancellation: Columbus does cover cancellation or travel delays with up to $20,000 in additional travel and accommodation due to strikes, natural disasters, riots or other severe weather conditions.
- Rental car excess: If, as a result of an unexpected event, the rental vehicle you have hired is stolen or damaged during your journey, Columbus Direct will reimburse you for any non-refundable excess payable to the rental vehicle company of up to $5,000.
- 24/7 assistance: Columbus Direct’s emergency worldwide assistance team is available 24 hours a day via phone.
- Lost or stolen documents: Columbus Direct will cover the cost involved in replacing important documents that have been lost or stolen.
Please note that exclusions may apply. For example, your medical cover may not pay claims for medical or dental treatment received in Australia, and it will only cover losses related pregnancy up to and including the twentieth week. Another example of an exclusion is not being covered for any delays caused by a natural disaster occurring before the start date of your insurance.
For more details about what is and isn’t covered, check out the Product Disclosure Statement on Columbus Direct’s website.
Columbus Direct FAQs
Yes, Columbus Direct’s comprehensive policy has unlimited cover for overseas medical and hospital expenses under the following circumstances:
- You need medical assistance for an unexpected illness
- You’re seriously injured in an accident
- You need to be evacuated for an unexpected injury
As always, various conditions and exclusions will apply. It’s highly unlikely that you will be covered if the injury you suffer is classified as a ‘pre-existing condition’, for example.
For more information on whether you’re covered or not, read Columbus Direct’s Product Disclosure Statement.
Yes, Columbus will cover you up to a certain amount for replacing or reimbursing luggage and personal effects that are lost, stolen or damaged while travelling.
Under Columbus Direct’s comprehensive policy, up to $10,000 worth of your belongings will be covered. Columbus will also cover:
- The cost of essential medication if its lost or destroyed
- Up to $750 per item for essential items
- $3,000 per item for laptops, tablets, cameras, etc.
Again, there are exclusions that come with Columbus Direct’s travel insurance policy. For personal items and jewellery, you must specify them before applying, and all items must be approved by Columbus; otherwise they will not be covered. Ensure you check the PDS to find out more about what items and luggage are and aren’t covered.
If you’re not sure what to do when your luggage goes missing, check out our guide on travel mishaps and how to avoid them.
Yes, Columbus travel insurance will cover up to a certain amount for lost deposits and cancellation fees for pre-paid travel arrangements due to unforeseen circumstances outside the traveller’s control on a policy.
Depending on the policy you decide to take out, you can receive cover if your journey was cancelled or delayed, with additional travel and accommodation due to strikes, natural disasters, riots or other severe weather conditions.
Read the Product Disclosure Statement for more information on the various exclusions that may apply.
You can purchase a Columbus travel insurance policy by first comparing your options with Canstar and then generating a quote online. All you need to list is your personal details (age, length of trip, address, etc.), your pre-existing conditions and your choice of cover:
There are three ways you can lodge a claim with Columbus, including:
- Calling its claims line on 02 9463 3371 (for international calls: +61 2 9463 3371) and talking to one of its qualified customer service representatives
- Faxing a claims form to 02 9966 4484 and following the prompts.
- Posting a claims form to:
PO Box 1206,
Crows Nest NSW 1585
Make sure you have the following documents (and details) ready:
- Policy number
- Personal details
- Supporting documentation (flight details, itinerary, receipts, etc.)
- Bank account details
Starting as a travel insurance company in the UK in 1988, Columbus Direct has over 30 years’ experience in the industry. From its office in Sydney, it tailors its travel insurance to each customer’s individual needs.
The people at Columbus love to travel. They believe that travelling shouldn’t be stressful, and you should be free to make the most of every holiday. By providing easy stress-free insurance policies, Columbus can help you to get some of that freedom back.