SureSave Travel Insurance
Compare SureSave Travel Insurance
The table below displays a snapshot of SureSave’s travel insurance policies on Canstar’s database, sorted by Star Rating (highest to lowest). Please note the products and Star Ratings displayed are based on a couple travelling to the USA aged under 70.
What types of travel insurance does SureSave offer?
SureSave offers both domestic and international travel insurance, as well as an annual multi-trip policy if you’re a frequent international traveller. If you’re unsure as to which kind of travel insurance is most appropriate for you, or would like to better understand the differences between the different types of cover, check out our comprehensive guide on travel insurance.
What does SureSave International Travel Insurance cover?
SureSave’s International Comprehensive Singles policy will cover you for:
- Medical cover: SureSave offers unlimited medical, and hospital cover as well as up to $1000 in dental expenses. You must provide a medical practitioner’s report confirming you’re unfit to travel.
- Loss/theft of personal items: SureSave also covers the loss or theft of personal items, including trip delays or damage. It will pay up to $12,000.
- Travel delays/cancellation: SureSave Comprehensive offers up to $5,000 cancellation cover and lost deposits, with the option to increase to unlimited. It also offers additional travel and accommodation due to strikes, natural disasters, riots or other severe weather conditions that may delay your trip.
- Rental car excess: If, as a result of an unexpected event, the rental vehicle you have hired is stolen or damaged during your journey, SureSave Comprehensive will reimburse you for any non-refundable excess payable to the rental vehicle company of up to $5,000.
- 24/7 assistance: SureSave’s emergency worldwide assistance team is available 24 hours a day via phone.
- Lost or stolen documents: SureSave will cover the cost involved in replacing important documents that have been lost or stolen.
Please note that exclusions may apply. For example, your medical cover may not pay claims for medical or dental treatment received in Australia, while it will only cover losses related pregnancy up to and including the twentieth week. Another example of an exclusion is not being covered for any delays caused by a natural disaster occurring before the start date of your insurance.
For more details about what is and isn’t covered, check out the Product Disclosure Statement on the SureSave website.
Yes, The SureSave International Travel Insurance policy has unlimited cover for overseas medical and hospital expenses, as well as up to $1,000 dental expenses, under the following circumstances:
- You need medical assistance for an unexpected illness
- You’re seriously injured in an accident
- You need to be evacuated for an unexpected injury
As always, various conditions and exclusions will apply. It’s highly unlikely that you will be covered if the injury you suffer is classified as a ‘pre-existing condition’, for example.
For more information, read the SureSave Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).
Yes, SureSave will cover you up to a certain amount for replacing or reimbursing luggage and personal effects that are lost, stolen or damaged while travelling.
Under the SureSave international policy, up to $12,000 worth of your belongings will be covered. SureSave will also cover the cost of essential medication if lost or destroyed and has sub-limits for items such as laptops, tablets and cameras.
Again, there are exclusions that come with SureSave policies. For personal items and jewellery, you must specify them before applying, and all items must be approved by SureSave; otherwise they will not be covered. Ensure you check the PDS to find out more about what items and luggage are and aren’t covered.
If you’re not sure what to do when your luggage goes missing, check out our guide on travel mishaps and how to avoid them.
Yes, SureSave Premium travel insurance will provide up to $5,000 worth of cover on lost deposits and cancellation fees for pre-paid travel arrangements due to unforeseen circumstances outside the traveller’s control on a policy. There is an option to increase this to unlimited cover. Read the Product Disclosure Statement for more information.
You can purchase a SureSave policy by first comparing your options with Canstar and then generating a quote online. The generator should ask questions such as travel dates, the age of the travellers and the destination, as well as optional extras including snow sport and sub-limits on valuables.
It should take around 10 minutes.
There are two main ways you can lodge a travel insurance claim with SureSave. Just download a claim form online, fill in the details and attach supporting documentation:
- Email the claim to email@example.com
- Mail the documents to:
SureSave Travel Claims
Po Box A975
Sydney South, NSW 1235
Make sure you have the following documents (and details) ready:
- Policy number
- Personal details
- Supporting documentation (flight details, itinerary, receipts, etc.)
- Bank account details
Underwritten by Lloyds Insurance, SureSave insures over 300,000 travellers each year. Completely Australian owned and operated, it lives and breathes travel.
Suresave also believes that everyone should be able to travel safely and with peace of mind, which is why it provides travel safety tips and assistance to its consumers throughout their travels.