Webjet Travel Insurance
Compare Webjet Travel Insurance
The table below displays a snapshot of Webjet Travel Insurance policies on Canstar’s database, sorted by Star Rating (highest to lowest). Please note the products and Star Ratings displayed are based on a couple travelling to the USA aged under 70.
What types of travel insurance does Webjet offer?
Webjet offers both domestic and international travel insurance, as well as an annual multi-trip policy if you’re a frequent international traveller. If you’re unsure as to which kind of travel insurance is most appropriate for you, or would like to better understand the differences between the different types of cover, check out our comprehensive guide on travel insurance.
What does Webjet International Travel Insurance cover?
Webjet’s International Comprehensive Singles policy will cover you for:
- Medical cover: Webjet offers unlimited medical and hospital cover, with up to $1,000 in dental expenses. You must provide a medical practitioner’s report confirming you’re unfit to travel.
- Loss/theft of personal items: Webjet also covers the loss or theft of personal items, including trip delays or damage. It will pay up to $5,000.
- Travel delays/cancellation: Webjet Comprehensive offers unlimited cancellation cover and lost deposits. It also offers additional travel and accommodation due to strikes, natural disasters, riots or other severe weather conditions that may delay your trip.
- Rental car excess: If, as a result of an unexpected event, the rental vehicle you have hired is stolen or damaged during your journey, Webjet Comprehensive will reimburse you for any non-refundable excess payable to the rental vehicle company.
- 24/7 assistance: Webjet’s emergency worldwide assistance team is available 24 hours a day via phone.
- Lost or stolen documents: Webjet will cover the cost involved in replacing important documents that have been lost or stolen.
Please note that exclusions may apply. For example, your medical cover may not pay claims for medical or dental treatment received in Australia, while it will only cover losses related pregnancy up to and including the twentieth week. Another example of an exclusion is not being covered for any delays caused by a natural disaster occurring before the start date of your insurance.
For more details about what is and isn’t covered, check out the Product Disclosure Statement on the Webjet website.
Yes, the Webjet international travel insurance policy has unlimited cover for overseas medical and hospital expenses, as well as up to $1,000 in dental expenses under the following circumstances:
- You need medical assistance for an unexpected illness
- You’re seriously injured in an accident
- You need to be evacuated for an unexpected injury
As always, various conditions and exclusions will apply. It’s highly unlikely that you will be covered if the injury you suffer is classified as a ‘pre-existing condition’, for example.
For more information, read the Webjet Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).
Yes, Webjet will cover you up to a certain amount for replacing or reimbursing luggage and personal effects that are lost, stolen or damaged while travelling.
Under the Webjet international policy, up to $5,000 worth of your belongings will be covered. Webjet will also cover the cost of essential medication if lost or destroyed and has sub-limits for items such as laptops, tablets and cameras.
Again, there are exclusions that come with Webjet policies. For personal items and jewellery, you must specify them before applying, and all items must be approved by Webjet; otherwise they will not be covered. Ensure you check the PDS to find out more about what items and luggage are and aren’t covered.
If you’re not sure what to do when your luggage goes missing, check out our guide on travel mishaps and how to avoid them.
Yes, Webjet Comprehensive Travel Insurance will provide unlimited cover on lost deposits and cancellation fees for pre-paid travel arrangements due to unforeseen circumstances outside the traveller’s control on a policy. Read the Product Disclosure Statement for more information.
You can purchase a Webjet policy by first comparing your options with Canstar and then generating a quote online. The generator should ask questions such as travel dates, the age of the travellers and the destination, as well as optional extras including snow sport and sub-limits on valuables.
It should take around 10 minutes.
There are three ways you can lodge a claim with Webjet, including:
- Calling its claims line on 1300 136 261 and talking to one of its qualified customer service representatives.
- Submitting a claim form online via its claims portal.
- Posting a claims form to:
PO Box 162,
Toowong, QLD 4066
Make sure you have the following documents (and details) ready:
- Policy number
- Personal details
- Supporting documentation (flight details, itinerary, receipts, etc.)
- Bank account details
Webjet is Australia and New Zealand’s leading online travel agency, enabling its customers to compare and book deals to suit their particular circumstances. Proudly Australian owned for over 15 years, Webjet prides itself on providing top international and domestic flight deals, hotel accommodation, holiday package deals, travel insurance and car hire.
Couple2017 Star Ratings Report