Good2Go Travel Insurance
Compare Good2Go Travel Insurance policies
The table below displays a snapshot of Good2Go’s policies on Canstar’s database, sorted by Star Rating (highest to lowest). Please note the products and Star Ratings displayed are based on a couple travelling to the USA aged under 70.
What types of travel insurance does Good2Go Travel offer?
Good2Go Travel Insurance offers both domestic and international travel insurance, with specialised policies for annual travellers, seniors, cruisers and skiers. It has two main policies – Essentials and The Works – both of which offer a range of benefits.
If you’re unsure as to which kind of travel insurance is most appropriate for you, or would like to better understand the differences between the different types of cover, check out our comprehensive guide on travel insurance.
What does Good2Go’s international travel insurance cover?
The Good2Go International ‘The Works’ policy will cover you for:
- Medical cover: Good2Go offers unlimited medical and hospital cover, as well as up to $2,000 on overseas dental. You must provide a medical practitioner’s report confirming you’re unfit to travel.
- Loss/theft of personal items: Good2Go also covers the loss or theft of personal items, including trip delays or damage. It will pay up to $15,000 for various different items.
- Travel delays/cancellation: Good2Go offers unlimited cancellation cover and lost deposits. It also offers up to $1,000 in additional travel and accommodation due to strikes, natural disasters, riots or other severe weather conditions that may delay your trip.
- Rental car excess: If, as a result of an unexpected event, the rental vehicle you have hired is stolen or damaged during your journey, Good2Go Plus will reimburse you for any non-refundable excess payable to the rental vehicle company of up to $4,000.
- 24/7 assistance: Good2Go Travel’s emergency worldwide assistance team is available 24 hours a day via phone.
- Lost or stolen documents: Good2Go will cover the cost involved in replacing important documents that have been lost or stolen.
Please note that exclusions may apply. For example, your medical cover may not pay claims for medical or dental treatment received in Australia, and it will only cover losses related pregnancy up to and including the twentieth week. Another example of an exclusion is not being covered for any delays caused by a natural disaster occurring before the start date of your insurance.
For more details about what is and isn’t covered, check out the Product Disclosure Statement on Good2Go’s website.
Yes, Good2Go’s comprehensive policy has unlimited cover for overseas medical and hospital expenses under the following circumstances:
- You need medical assistance for an unexpected illness
- You’re seriously injured in an accident
- You need to be evacuated for an unexpected injury
As always, various conditions and exclusions will apply. It’s highly unlikely that you will be covered if the injury you suffer is classified as a ‘pre-existing condition’, for example.
For more information on whether you’re covered or not, read Good2Go Travel Insurance’s Product Disclosure Statement.
Yes, Good2Go will cover you up to a certain amount for replacing or reimbursing luggage and personal effects that are lost, stolen or damaged while travelling.
Under Good2Go’s comprehensive policy, up to $15,000 worth of your belongings will be covered. Good2Go will also cover:
- The cost of essential medication if its lost or destroyed
- Up to $600 per item for essential items
- Up to $3,000 per item for laptops, tablets, cameras, etc.
Again, there are exclusions that come with Good2Go Travel Insurance’s policies. For personal items and jewellery, you must specify them before applying, and all items must be approved by Good2Go; otherwise they will not be covered. Ensure you check the PDS to find out more about what items and luggage are and aren’t covered.
If you’re not sure what to do when your luggage goes missing, check out our guide on travel mishaps and how to avoid them.
Yes, Good2Go Travel Insurance will cover up to a certain amount for lost deposits and cancellation fees for pre-paid travel arrangements due to unforeseen circumstances outside the traveller’s control on a policy.
Depending on the policy you decide to take out, you can receive cover if your journey was cancelled or delayed, with additional travel and accommodation due to strikes, natural disasters, riots or other severe weather conditions.
Read the Product Disclosure Statement for more information on the various exclusions that may apply.
You can purchase a Good2Go travel insurance policy by first comparing your options with Canstar and then generating a quote online. All you need to list is your personal details (age, length of trip, address, etc.), your pre-existing conditions and your choice of cover:
There are three ways you can lodge a claim with Good2Go, including:
- Calling its claims line on 1300 290 217 and talking to one of its qualified customer service representatives
- Submitting a claim form online via its claims portal
- Posting a claims form to:
AIG Claims Departments
GPO Box 4363
Melbourne, VIC 3001
Make sure you have the following documents (and details) ready:
- Policy number
- Personal details
- Supporting documentation (flight details, itinerary, receipts, etc.)
- Bank account details
All Good2Go Travel Insurance policies are underwritten by AIG Insurance, who has been operating in Australia since 1957. It has more than 90 million customers worldwide and combines this international experience with local expertise.
USA2017 Star Ratings Report