Southern Cross Travel Insurance
Compare Southern Cross Travel Insurance policies
The table below displays a snapshot of SCTI’s policies on Canstar’s database, sorted by Star Rating (highest to lowest). Please note the products and Star Ratings displayed are based on a couple travelling to the USA aged under 70.
What types of travel insurance does Southern Cross Travel Insurance offer?
Southern Cross Travel Insurance offers international travel insurance, with specialised policies for a single trip and an annual multi-trip. All of these fit under Southern Cross’s comprehensive TravelCare policy.
If you’re unsure as to which kind of travel insurance is most appropriate for you, or would like to better understand the differences between the different types of cover, check out our comprehensive guide on travel insurance.
What does Southern Cross Travel Insurance’s international travel insurance cover?
The TravelCare policy includes cover for:
- Unlimited medical and evacuation expenses that arise while you’re overseas
- Cancelling or changing your journey before you leave
- Making changes to your journey once you have left
- Lost, stolen or damaged luggage and personal items
- Lost, stolen or damaged cash, bank cards, travel documents and passports
- Rental vehicle excess
- Personal accident
- Personal liability
Please note that exclusions may apply. For example, your medical cover may not pay claims for medical or dental treatment received in Australia, and it will only cover losses related pregnancy up to and including the twentieth week. Another example of an exclusion is not being covered for any delays caused by a natural disaster occurring before the start date of your insurance.
For more details about what is and isn’t covered, check out the Product Disclosure Statement on Southern Cross Travel Insurance’s website.
Southern Cross Travel Insurance FAQs
Yes, Southern Cross Travel Insurance’s TravelCare policy has unlimited cover for unexpected overseas medical and hospital expenses overseas under the following circumstances:
- You need medical assistance for an unexpected illness that happens while on your journey
- You’re seriously injured in an accident while on your journey
- You need to be evacuated for an unexpected injury that happens on your journey
The TravelCare policy will also provide cover for up to the following amounts:
- $750 per person, per journey, if you require emergency dental treatment if you are in sudden and acute pain
- $3,000 per person, per journey, if you have to stay in hospital for more than 72 hours continuously
- $5,000 per journey, towards flying someone to the hospital to help you if you’re travelling on your own and have been in hospital more than 10 days
Yes, Southern Cross Travel Insurance will cover you up to a certain amount for replacing or reimbursing luggage and personal effects that are lost, stolen or damaged while travelling.
Under Southern Cross Travel Insurance’s TravelCare policy, up to $25,000 worth of your personal belongings will be automatically be covered for an individual and $50,000 for families per journey. This also includes:
- Up to $500 for essential medication if it’s lost, stolen or damaged
- Up to $2,500 for all items of jewellery and watches
- $3,000 per item for laptops, tablets, cameras, etc.
Again, there are exclusions that come with Southern Cross Travel Insurance’s policies. Ensure you check the PDS to find out more about what items and luggage are and aren’t covered.
If you’re not sure what to do when your luggage goes missing, check out our guide on travel mishaps and how to avoid them.
Yes, Southern Cross Travel Insurance provides you with the following options to personalise your cover:
- Individuals automatically receive $2,500 per journey. This can be increased to $5,000, $10,000 or unlimited during the application process.
- Families automatically receive $5,000 per journey. This can be increased to $10,000, $20,000 or unlimited during the application process.
Your cancellation cover includes:
- Cover if you need to cancel or change the dates of your journey before you leave Australia
- Cover for claims relating to bookings made by frequent flyer points
- Cover for claims relating to existing conditions of a relevant person, such as your parents
- Cover if you’re delayed to a special event, such as a wedding
You can purchase a Southern Cross Travel Insurance policy by first comparing your options with Canstar and then generating a quote online. All you need to list is your personal details (age, length of trip, address, etc.), your pre-existing conditions and your choice of cover:
You can lodge a claim with Southern Cross Travel Insurance online by visiting the ‘make a claim’ section on their website. To get started with your claim:
- Enter your policy number and personal details
- Follow the prompts and enter the details of your claim
- Once you’ve submitted your claim, you’ll receive an email with information on how to send us your supporting documents
Southern Cross Travel Insurance is an online-only provider of travel insurance in Australia and New Zealand and offers a wealth of expertise to thousands of travellers every year. In 2017, Southern Cross was one of the recipients of Canstar’s 2017 International Travel Insurance Award.