Cover-More Travel Insurance
Compare Cover-More Travel Insurance policies
The table below displays a snapshot of Cover-More’s policies on Canstar’s database, sorted by Star Rating (highest to lowest). Please note the products and Star Ratings displayed are based on a couple travelling to the USA aged under 70.
What types of travel insurance does Cover-More Travel Insurance offer?
Cover-More offers both domestic and international travel insurance. For international travellers, you are able to select the plan that best suits your needs: International Premium, International Medical Only, and Inbound. If you are travelling domestically, Cover-More offers the following plans: Domestic, and Domestic Cancellation. An Annual Multi-Trip plan is also available to those who travel frequently and want to purchase a policy that covers trips taken (you choose the maximum number of days per journey) over a 12-month period.
Cover-More also provides a wide range of add-ons and supplemental coverage such as Adventure Sports add-on protection, Rental Car Insurance Excess, and more. Cover that includes a multi-night cruise is also available with Cruise Cover.
If you’re unsure as to which kind of travel insurance is most appropriate for you, or if would like to better understand the differences between the different types of cover offered, check out our comprehensive guide on travel insurance.
What does Cover-More’s international travel insurance cover?
Cover-More’s International Premium plan provides cover for:
- Overseas medical cover: Cover-More Premium offers unlimited cover for overseas medical, dental and hospital expenses. Sub-limits apply so check Cover-More’s policy wording to find out more.
- Loss/theft of personal items: If your luggage or personal effects are accidentally lost, stolen, or damaged while travelling, Cover-More can potentially replace, repair, provide a replacement voucher, or pay you the monetary value of the item(s).
- Travel cancellation and delays: Cover-More’s Premium Plan and Inbound Plan do not automatically include cancellation cover, however, you can add the amount of the cancellation cover that suits you when choosing a policy. On particular plans, there is also cover provided for reimbursement of up to $200 for accommodation if your pre-booked transport is delayed for at least 6-hours due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Rental car excess: If, as a result of an unexpected event, the rental vehicle you have hired is stolen or damaged during your journey, Cover-More may be able to provide cover for the rental car insurance excess you become liable to pay.
- 24/7 assistance: Cover-More’s emergency worldwide assistance team is available 24 hours a day via phone.
- Lost or stolen documents: Cover-More will provide cover for the cost involved in replacing important documents that have been lost or stolen.
Please note exclusions may apply. For example, your medical cover does not cover claims for medical or dental treatment received in Australia, and it will only provide cover for serious unexpected pregnancy complications up to and including the 23rd week, but not cover costs relating to childbirth or the health or care of a newborn child.
For more details about what is and isn’t covered, check out the Product Disclosure Statement on Cover-More’s website.
Cover-More Travel Insurance FAQs
Yes, Cover-More’s comprehensive policy has unlimited cover for overseas medical and hospital expenses under the following circumstances:
- You need medical assistance for an unexpected illness
- You’re seriously injured in an accident
- You need to be evacuated for an unexpected injury
As always, various conditions and exclusions will apply. It’s highly unlikely you will be covered if the illness you suffer is classified as a ‘pre-existing condition’ and you haven’t applied, been approved and paid for cover of those conditions.
Additionally, cover will not exceed 12 months from the onset of the illness or injury. Please refer to Cover-More’s policy wording to find out more.
If, while you’re travelling, your luggage or personal effects are lost, stolen or damaged, Cover-More will replace, provide a replacement voucher, repair or pay you the monetary value of the luggage or personal effects. Settlement of your claim is based on the value of an item at the time it is lost or stolen.
Again, there are exclusions that come with Cover-More Travel Insurance’s policies. Ensure you check the PDS to find out more about what items and luggage are and aren’t covered.
If you’re not sure what to do when your luggage goes missing, check out our guide on travel mishaps and how to avoid them.
Yes, Cover-More Travel Insurance can, in certain instances, cover costs incurred due to unforeseen circumstances outside the traveller’s control that cause a trip to be cancelled.
Depending on the circumstances and the policy you decide to take out, you can receive cover if your journey was cancelled or delayed.
Read the Product Disclosure Statement for more information on the various exclusions that may apply.
You can purchase a Cover-More Travel Insurance policy by first comparing your options with Canstar and then generating a quote online. All you need to do is list your personal details (age, length of trip, address, etc.), your pre-existing conditions, and your choice of cover.
There are three ways you can lodge a claim with Cover-More, including:
- Calling its claims line on 1300 36 26 44 and talking to one of its qualified customer service representatives
- Submitting a claim form online via its claims portal
- Posting a claims form to:
Cover-More Travel Insurance
Private Bag 913
North Sydney NSW 2059
Make sure you have the following documents (and details) ready:
- Policy number
- Personal details
- Supporting documentation (flight details, itinerary, receipts, etc.)
- Bank account details
Cover-More has over 30 years of experience in travel insurance and has insured over 18 million travellers. All of Cover-More’s policies are underwritten by Zurich Australian Insurance Limited.