Compare InTrust Super
If you’re considering superannuation with InTrust Super, check out our comparison table below for a snapshot. Please note this table has been formulated for those aged 30-39 years, based on a super balance of $55K to $100K. Results are sorted by Star Ratings (high to low). To compare other super funds, visit the Canstar super fund comparison pages.
Types of InTrust Super accounts
InTrust Super offers three retirement-related products to choose from:
- Corporate super arranged by an employer for their employees to use
- Personal super available for individual employees
- Account-based pension converts superannuation into regular income payments for retirees and workers in the transition to retirement (TTR) stage
There are a lot of benefits available to InTrust Super members who have a personal super account, including:
- Competitive investment performance
- Flexible investment options
- No establishment fees and low administration fees
- Insurance in super available for death cover (life insurance) and total and permanent disability (TPD) cover
- Over-the-phone financial advice available
- Easy online account access
- Extra benefits include discounted travel insurance for eligible members, banking products, health insurance, magazine subscriptions and more.
Eligibility to join InTrust Super
To sign up for a superannuation account with InTrust Super, you must fulfil certain criteria. You must be:
- An Australian resident
- Over 18 years of age
- Earning at least $450/month before tax from an employer
- An employee of the hospitality, tourism, clubs and retail sectors
If you are under the age of 18, you might qualify for super if you earn more than $450/month before tax and are working more than 30 hours per week.
How to join InTrust Super
If you satisfy all of the above eligibility criteria, you can apply to join InTrust Super. You can apply for an InTrust Super account by clicking on its products in Canstar’s superannuation comparison tables and signing up on its website, or calling 132 467 (available Monday to Friday between 8am and 8pm).
InTrust Super FAQs
Yes, InTrust Super has a dedicated online portal for its super fund members. You can view your account balance online, access statements for your account, download super fund information and more. Access the online portal here.
InTrust Super invests your super money based on a number of options including pre-mixed, sector and direct investments.
When choosing an investment option, it is important to take into account your investment timeframes and goals and your personal risk tolerance for market fluctuations. Learn more in our article about how to choose between different investment options.
The table above shows the total fees per year to have a super account with Intrust Super. Compare these fees to the average super fund fees on our database.
Yes, InTrust Super offers a consolidation service for members who have super in other funds.
It’s important to check with your old super funds for information regarding costs such as exit fees and insurance cover you may lose if you switch super funds. If you have any questions or concerns about the rollover process, call InTrust Super on 132 467.
Be sure to read our article on the nine things to check on your superannuation statement. These include:
- Personal details are up-to-date
- Nominated beneficiaries are up-to-date
- Tax File Number (TFN) is recorded
- Super contributions from employer and/or your voluntary contributions are correct
- Investment asset class choices are appropriate for your life stage
- Amount paid in fees for the year is not too high
- Insurance in super is still adequate coverage for your needs
- Super is consolidated, but be sure to check potential insurance implications involved
- The big picture – are you happy with your super fund overall?
Founded in 1988, InTrust Super has built its organisation around putting members first.
As an industry super fund, InTrust Super is a non-for-profit organisation that exists for the benefit of members. Its goal is to maximise retirement benefits for members who are dedicated to the tourism, hospitality, club and retail sectors. Along with providing quality superannuation, retirement, education and financial services for members, InTrust Super is proud to be one of the lowest cost super funds on the market.
If you’re considering top performing superannuation funds, check out the following table which contains details of the superannuation funds rated by Canstar. This table has been sorted by one-year performance (highest to lowest).
Please note that the performance information shown in the table is for the investment option used by Canstar in rating of the superannuation product.