Greater Bank Credit Cards
What credit cards does Greater Bank offer?
At the time of writing, Greater Bank offers one credit card called the Greater Bank Visa Credit Card.
We have outlined some of the key features below.
Greater Bank Visa Credit Card
- Card type: Visa
- Minimum credit limit: $1,000
- Annual fee: $49 per year, but the fee is waived if you spend a minimum of $12,000 annually after the first year
- Interest free period: Up to 55 days interest free on purchases
- Additional cardholders: Additional cardholders must be over 16 years old and may be added upon request
- Contactless payments: Available for purchases up to $100 via Visa pay Wave
- Online banking: Online banking is available through the Greater Bank website or the Greater Bank mobile app which is available for iOS and Android.
Greater Bank Credit Cards FAQs
To be eligible for this credit card, Greater Bank says you must be able to satisfy the following:
- Be above 18 years old
- Reside in either NSW, QLD or ACT
- Have an income of over $20,000 per annum
- Have a satisfactory credit history
- Be a permanent Australian resident
First, check whether you are eligible to apply for a Greater Bank credit card. See above for the eligibility requirements.
If you meet the eligibility requirements, you can submit a Greater Bank credit card application online or over the phone. Both new and existing customers can apply.
Greater Bank advises that you may need the following information handy when completing your application:
- Your current and previous employer details including name, address and contact number
- Proof of your current income
- Any current loan repayments and other payments you make
- Credit and store card limits and the value of your assets
- Proof of your average monthly general living expenses
Once you receive your Greater Bank credit card, you will need to activate it before you can make any purchases. You can activate your card online via internet banking, over the phone or by visiting a Greater Bank branch.
You can manage your Greater Bank credit card through online banking using the Greater Bank website or via the Greater Bank Australia Banking mobile app. The mobile app is available for both iOS and Android.
When interest is charged:
Interest is charged when you carry a balance owing on your Greater Bank card. The interest rate charged to your account is a variable rate and may change.
When interest is not charged:
There is an interest free period on purchases of up to 55 days if the balance from your previous statement is paid each month.
Your credit limit for a Greater Bank credit card will be determined based on the information you provide in your application or your preferred limit, keeping in mind the minimum and maximum credit limits available for each card.
The limit on your Greater Bank credit card can be increased by either applying through internet banking or by downloading an application form and handing it in to a Greater Bank branch.
You can close your Greater Bank account at any time by logging into internet banking and following the prompts. You can also close your account by calling one of Greater Bank’s customer contact centres.
Greater Bank was founded in 1924 as the Newcastle and Hunter River Public Service Starr-Bowkett Building Co-operative Society Limited. According to its website, Greater Bank has over $7 billion in assets under management and more than 260,000 customers.