Aussie Home & Contents Insurance

Aussie is an Australian-owned provider of home loans, personal loans, business loans, credit cards and insurance.

Compare Aussie Home Insurance

Aussie home loans

See below for a snapshot of BankSA’s home and contents insurance products on

offer for a home owner under 50 living in New South Wales to replace building and contents worth less than $550,000.

Compare Home & Contents

What do Aussie Home and Contents Insurance policies cover?

Aussie’s Home and Contents insurance policies are backed by Allianz, so you can rest easy knowing you’re covered by one of the largest insurers in the country.

Home Building Insurance

  • Your house against loss or damage caused by fire, theft, extreme weather, leaking pipes and object impacts
  • Accidental breakage of glass
  • Legal liability cover
  • Replacement of locks and cylinders (up to a maximum value)
  • Payments to install renewable energy and/or water systems should Aussie agree to rebuild your home

Contents Insurance

  • Cover of your home contents against fire, theft, extreme weather and accidental breakage
  • New for old replacement of items, regardless of their age
  • Legal liability cover
  • Credit card value cover
  • Replacement of locks and cylinders
  • Contents in the open air
  • Guests’, visitors’ and domestic helpers’ property
  • Veterinary costs

Home and Contents Insurance

  • All of the above benefits of both Home Building Insurance and Contents Insurance in a combined package

Compare Home & Contents

Aussie FAQs

Building insurance covers any part of your house that is permanently fixed and not intended to move, such as your walls and roof, and even the light on your front porch. Contents insurance covers all the items within your house that are not permanent fixtures, i.e. you could move them between houses. Find out more about home and contents insurance here.

As a renter, you don’t need home insurance because your landlord should have insurance for the building you live in, and if you live in a unit/apartment or townhouse, the body corporate is legally required to have building insurance for the building. But you should certainly get contents insurance to protect your own possessions.

For landlords, a better option than home insurance is landlord insurance. Landlord insurance covers you for the same things as a home insurance policy, but with several important additions to cover you against risks from your tenants.

Depending on your choice of cover, Aussie Landlord Insurance may cover repairs for damage caused by your tenants, or your legal fees if you need to sue tenants who are not paying rent. Compare landlord insurance here:

Compare Landlord Insurance

If you have a recent and accurate estimate for the value of your home and contents, then it’s often a good idea to insure up to that particular sum to get your exact money’s worth.

If you don’t have an accurate idea of the above value, then you could insure for a complete replacement to give yourself peace of mind. Find out how much home insurance you need and how much contents insurance you need.

The easiest way to make a claim with Aussie it to use the online claim form, which connects you directly to Allianz. You can submit these forms 24/7 whenever is convenient for you.

You can also contact Allianz’s 24/7 claims hotline by calling 1300 555 013, where a consultant will happily walk you through the claims process.

At the time of writing, Aussie is running an online discount for home and contents insurance. If you sign up online, you can save up to 10% on your home and contents insurance policy.

Aussie was founded by John Symond over 25 years ago as an independent mortgage broker. The company’s goal was to keep the big banks in check by offering affordable financial products to customers across Australia, and it has certainly delivered. Aussie now boasts over 1,000 mortgage brokers nationwide, who can provide you with one of 2,900 loan variations to find the product that suits you perfectly.

Aussie is a sponsor of OzHarvest, a national charity that is the largest food rescue organisation in Australia. OzHarvest collects quality unsold food from supermarkets and other food outlets, which are then distributed free of charge to various charitable organisations to feed Australians in need.

Written by: Sam Bloom | Last updated: