1300 Insurance Home & Contents Insurance

1300 insurance

1300 Insurance is an Australian provider of home insurance, life insurance, pet insurance, travel insurance, car insurance and business insurance.

What do the home and contents insurance policies of 1300 Insurance cover?

1300 Insurance offers home insurance, contents insurance, and combined home and contents insurance. At the time of writing, 1300 Insurance provides a 10% discount when you combine home and contents insurance in one policy. 

1300 Insurance says you can choose from three levels of cover: 

  • Vital – provides protection if someone breaks into your home and steals your items or if your possessions are damaged by a disaster such as a storm, fire or earthquake. 
  • Classic – in addition to what is covered by Vital home insurance, Classic home insurance includes some higher policy limits and extra cover including motor burnout. 
  • Prestige – provides cover for accidental loss or damage to your possessions and a higher level of legal liability cover.

Home Building Insurance

1300 Insurance’s Home Insurance policy covers you for:

  • All permanent fixtures of your home, including external fixtures such as in-ground pools, window awnings, decks and fences
  • Natural disasters and extreme weather, including fire or storm damage
  • Vandalism, theft and optional accidental damage cover
  • Legal liability cover
  • Costs of demolishing unsafe buildings, removing debris and temporary accommodation in the event of an emergency
  • Optional landlord cover if you rent your home out to tenants
  • Optional Sum Insured Safeguard, which extends your covered amount by up to 25% if your current Sum Insured is insufficient

Contents Insurance

1300 Insurance’s Contents Insurance policy covers you for:

  • Protection for contents anywhere on your property, including outdoor furniture, tools and pot plants
  • Natural disasters, including earthquakes, storms, lightning strikes and fires
  • Theft, vandalism and falling damage
  • Accidental glass breakage
  • Lock replacement in the event of stolen keys
  • Insurance against fraud in the event of your credit card(s) being stolen

Home and Contents Insurance

1300 Insurance’s Home and Contents Insurance covers you for all of the above scenarios in one combined package.

For a complete list of policy inclusions and exclusions, make sure to read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS). 

Compare Home Insurance

1300 Insurance Car Insurance FAQs

As a renter, you generally don’t need home insurance because your landlord should have insurance for the building you live in, and if you live in a unit, apartment or townhouse, the body corporate is legally required to have building insurance for the building. But you should consider getting contents insurance to protect your own possessions. 1300 Insurance also offers a tailored renter’s insurance policy that protects your belongings from loss or damage due to events like theft, fire and storm.

Compare Contents Only Insurance

For landlords, you can consider home or landlord insurance. Landlord insurance is designed to cover you for many of the same things as a home insurance policy, but with several additions to cover you against risks related to having tenants occupying your property.

1300 Insurance’s landlord insurance covers your against a range of events such as fire, storms and housebreaking, plus legal liability cover. There is also the option of adding cover for rent default and theft by tenants. 

You can also compare landlord insurance providers on Canstar’s database:

Compare Landlord Insurance

If you have a recent and accurate estimate of the value of your home and contents, then you could consider insuring up to that particular sum.

If you don’t have an accurate idea of the above value, then you could consider insuring for a complete replacement.

Compare Home Insurance

You can make a claim by either calling the 1300 Insurance claims line or by submitting an online claim form (available on 1300 Insurance’s website). 1300 Insurance says most home and contents insurance claims can be processed over the phone. However, in more complicated cases, your insurer may require an assessor to visit your house to inspect the damage and coordinate repairs and replacements.

1300 Insurance is wholly owned by 1300 Group Pty Ltd, a company that is fully Australian-owned and operated. 1300 aims to offer affordable insurance policies to individuals, families and businesses across a wide range of sectors, allowing all Australians to find an insurance policy that fits their needs.

Written by: Sam Bloom | Last updated: June 26, 2019