Real Insurance Home & Contents Insurance

Real Insurance is a provider of various kinds of insurance, such as home, car, pet, life, travel and income protection insurance.

Compare Real Insurance home and contents insurance Real Insurance Logo

See below for a snapshot of Real Insurance’s home and contents insurance products on offer for a home owner under 50 living in New South Wales to replace building and contents worth less than $550,000.

Compare Home & Contents

What do Real Insurance home and contents insurance policies cover?

Real Insurance offers both contents insurance and combined home and contents insurance. By signing up for these online, you can save up to 20% off your premiums.

Contents Insurance

Real Insurance has two levels of contents cover – essential and top contents. The essential policy protects you against the likes of theft, fire, flooding and storms, while also offering:

  • Flexible excesses – a higher excess can lower your premiums
  • A 24/7 claims lodgement system
  • Cover for:
  • Accidental glass breakage
  • New for old replacement on most items if damaged or stolen
  • Cover for outdoor contents
  • Cover for damage caused by the bursting, leaking or overflow of water
  • Contents in your home office
  • Optional cover such as electrical motor burnout and portable valuables

Home and contents Insurance

Real Insurance’s combined home and contents policy offers benefits of both home building and contents cover. The essentials package also offers:

  • Protection against theft or malicious damage to your contents, including vandalism
  • Cover for damage due to impact, whether it’s a fallen tree or a car crashing into your house
  • Strata fixtures that are owned by you
  • The replacement of external locks if keys are stolen
  • Emergency accommodation if your home is unsafe

Make sure you read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) documents for more information.

Compare Home & Contents

How do I apply for a Real Insurance home and contents insurance policy?

To apply for a Real Insurance home and contents policy, first compare your options in Canstar’s home insurance comparison tables. You can then get a quote and apply online in minutes. You can also apply over the phone on 13 19 48.

Compare Home & Contents

Real Insurance FAQs

For landlords, a better option than home insurance is landlord insurance. Landlord insurance covers you for the same things as a home insurance policy, but with several important additions to cover you against risks from your tenants.

Real Insurance offers a 15% discount if you apply for a landlord insurance policy online. Its landlord insurance gives your rental property cover for the usual selection of natural disasters, plus cover for theft, damage, contents and motor burnout.

If you want to see a selection of Real’s landlord insurance products, see the table below.

If you have a recent and accurate estimate for the value of your home and contents, then it’s often a good idea to insure up to that particular sum to get your exact money’s worth.

If you don’t have an accurate idea of the above value, then you could insure for a complete replacement to give yourself peace of mind. Find out how much home insurance you need and how much contents insurance you need.

Making a claim with Real Insurance on a home and contents insurance policy is easy; it has an online claims centre where you can claim in as little as 10 minutes. You can also fill in the claims form and upload it with the relevant information, or you can call Real Insurance on 13 19 48 to make a claim.

Starting back in 2005, Real Insurance was introduced as an alternative to large money-making insurers. It entered the market in the hope that it could protect the quality of people’s lives at a reasonable price.

Real Insurance strives to deliver innovative insurance products that meet the unique needs of Australians and offer ground-breaking ways of helping its members save money.

Written by: William Jolly | Last updated: