NRMA Home & Contents Insurance

About NRMA
NRMA is a provider of home insurance, landlord insurance, renter’s insurance, holiday rental insurance, car insurance, travel insurance, funeral insurance, and business insurance.

“It’s insurance, NRMAde better.”

Compare NRMA Home & Contents Insurance

Here’s a snapshot of NRMA home and contents insurance for cost to replace building and contents of above $550K in NSW and ACT. To compare other home and contents insurance policies, click here.

Compare Home Building Only Insurance

Compare Contents Only Insurance

About NRMA

NRMA Insurance was established in 1925 by the National Roads and Motorists’ Association, in order to provide car insurance to members in NSW and the ACT. In 1995, they added Queensland to the mix as well. NRMA is the trusted insurer for millions of Australians, and they employ 400 people in Queensland alone.

NRMA Insurance became a sub-agency of Lloyd’s of London so that they could offer home insurance policies as well.

You can download the NRMA Insurance App on the Apple iTunes Store or Google Play for Android.

NRMA is now part of the Insurance Australia Group (IAG), the largest general insurers in Australia and New Zealand. NRMA often uses memorable songs in their TV ads, such as this one.

How NRMA supports the community

  • Community grants program: Since 2003, NRMA has been supporting 150 different Australian community organisations every year to make their communities safer and stronger.
  • Sponsorship: NRMA Insurance are sponsors of the Brisbane Broncos (rugby league) Western Sydney Wanderers (football)
  • SES: Major corporate supporter of the NSW State Emergency Service (SES).

How NRMA supports the environment

  • Reduced carbon footprint by 30% since 2006.
  • Reduced carbon dioxide equivalent emissions by 5% per year since 2009.
  • Reduced water consumption.
  • Reduced electricity consumption by 16% in 2014 alone.
  • IAG Group is a signatory to the UN Environment Program’s Finance Initiative, meaning they have to report on how they are achieving benchmarks and regularly get feedback from stakeholders.

Compare Home and Contents Insurance

Compare Home Building Only Insurance

Compare Contents Only Insurance

The table below displays a snapshot of five home and contents products on Canstar’s database with direct links to the providers’ websites, sorted by Star Rating (highest to lowest). These results are based on a policy holder under 50 years old in New South Wales and ACT for building and contents worth less than $550,000.

Compare Home Insurance

Written by: TJ Ryan | Last updated: December 29, 2016

CANSTAR is an information provider and in giving you product information CANSTAR is not making any suggestion or recommendation about a particular insurance product. If you decided to apply for a home insurance, you will deal directly with an insurance provider, and not with CANSTAR. Rates and product information should be confirmed with the relevant insurance provider. For more information, read our detailed disclosure, important notes and additional information.

The inclusions mentioned represent a selection of what is covered at the time of writing. Additional terms and conditions may apply to different features. Additional fees may apply to the product. CANSTAR is not making any suggestion or recommendation to you about this product. Please ensure that you read the product disclosure statement to determine all the current options and inclusions for the product you are considering.

Important Notes: The Star Ratings in this table were awarded in September 2016. The search results do not include all providers and may not compare all features relevant to you. View the CANSTAR Home and Contents Insurance Star Ratings Methodology and Report. The rating shown is only one factor to take into account when considering products.