CHUBB Home & Contents Insurance

Chubb insurance logo

CHUBB is an insurance provider with products for home and contents, life, travel as well as specialised insurance for valuable articles, art and jewellery. CHUBB says its home and contents insurance is tailored to protect prestigious homes and possessions.

What do CHUBB home and contents insurance policies cover? 

CHUBB’s Masterpiece policy was designed to provide cover for home, contents, fine art and jewellery. This is broken into its Deluxe House Coverage and Deluxe Contents Coverage.

Deluxe House Coverage

CHUBB’s Deluxe House Coverage provides cover against physical loss or damage to your home. CHUBB says its Deluxe House Coverage includes the following features:

  • A possible free building appraisal to calculate an accurate sum insured
  • Coverage of the full cost to rebuild your home after a covered loss
  • Cash settlement if you decide not to rebuild your home
  • Your choice of craftsmen for repairs
  • Reasonable additional living expenses following a covered loss including accommodation for your pets, emergency clothing and essential purchases

Deluxe Contents Coverage

CHUBB’s Deluxe Contents Coverage provides cover against physical loss or damage to your contents. CHUBB says its Deluxe Contents Coverage includes the following features:

  • Replacement cost without deduction for depreciation
  • High limits for special contents including jewellery ($50,000 any one claim and $25,000 per item), fine arts (no limit) and antiques (no limit)
  • Worldwide cover for accidental loss or damage
  • Business property
  • Guest property
  • Food spoilage

For a complete list of inclusions and exclusions, make sure to read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).

Canstar does not currently compare CHUBB home and contents insurance, but you can compare other home insurance providers on Canstar’s database:

Compare Home & Contents Insurance

CHUBB Home and Contents Insurance FAQs

As a renter, you generally don’t need home insurance because your landlord should have insurance for the building you live in, and if you live in a unit, apartment or townhouse, the body corporate is legally required to have building insurance for the building. But you should consider getting contents insurance to protect your own possessions.

Compare Contents Insurance

For landlords, you can consider home or landlord insurance. Landlord insurance is designed to cover you for many of the same things as a home insurance policy, but with several additions to cover you against risks related to having tenants occupying your property.

CHUBB does not offer separate landlord insurance. You can compare landlord insurance providers on Canstar’s database:

Compare Landlord Insurance

If you have a recent and accurate estimate of the value of your home and contents, then you could consider insuring up to that particular sum. Alternatively, CHUBB offers complimentary appraisals for some of its customers to determine the sum insured.

If you don’t have an accurate idea of the above value, then you could consider insuring for a complete replacement.

You can lodge a claim with CHUBB directly at a CHUBB office, through a financial services provider or over the phone.

CHUBB is the world’s largest publicly-traded property and casualty insurance company and the largest commercial insurer in the United States. CHUBB operates in 54 countries and territories and has been present in Australia for almost 100 years. In Australia, CHUBB provides specialised coverage for a broad client base including marine, property, liability, energy, and accident and health insurance. CHUBB says it has five branches and over 600 staff in Australia.

Written by: Tamika Seeto | Last updated: March 19, 2019