RACV Home & Contents Insurance

RACV is a Victorian provider of home insurance, landlord insurance, car insurance and travel insurance.

Compare RACV home and contents insurance


See below for a snapshot of RACV’s home and contents insurance products on

offer for a home owner under 50 living in Victoria to replace building and contents worth less than $550,000.

Compare Home & Contents

What do RACV home and contents insurance policies cover?

RACV offers home building insurance, contents insurance and combined home and contents insurance.

Home Building Insurance

RACV’s home buildings insurance gives a wide range of flexible cover options, including:

  • Cover any permanently attached fittings, such as lights, cupboards, fences, pools, etc.
  • Cover for a wide range of events, like:
  • Theft and vandalism
  • Fire and explosions
  • Storms, flooding and earthquakes
  • Up to $1,000 for loss or damage to building materials
  • Optional cover:
  • Accidental damage
  • Motor burnout
  • Up to $20 million in liability cover

Contents Insurance

RACV’s contents insurance, on the other hand, covers you for:

  • Fire, theft and attempted theft, vandalism, broken glass, storm, storm surge, flood, impact damage, animal damage, earthquakes and explosions
  • Optional accidental damage cover to your contents
  • Optional portables cover for specified items up to $10,000 in value
  • Up to $20 million in liability cover
  • Up to $500 for food spoilage

Home and Contents Insurance

RACV’s combined home and contents policy offers benefits of both home building and contents cover. You can read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) documents to learn more about what you are and aren’t covered for.

Compare Home & Contents

How do I apply for a RACV home and contents insurance policy?

To apply for a RACV home and contents policy, first compare your options in Canstar’s home insurance comparison tables. Then, all you have to do is generate a quote and apply online, which takes a few minutes at most. You will have to answer a few personal questions, such as your member number (if applicable), your address and so on.

Compare Home & Contents


For landlords, a better option than home insurance is landlord insurance. Landlord insurance covers you for the same things as a home insurance policy, but with several important additions to cover you against risks from your tenants.

As with regular home and contents insurance, RACV offers combined and separate home and contents options for landlords. These policies cover your rental property’s interior and exterior from a variety of different insured events.

You can view a snapshot of RACV’s landlord insurance products in the table below.

Compare Landlord Insurance

If you have a recent and accurate estimate for the value of your home and contents, then it’s often a good idea to insure up to that particular sum to get your exact money’s worth.

If you don’t have an accurate idea of the above value, then you could insure for a complete replacement to give yourself peace of mind. Find out how much home insurance you need and how much contents insurance you need.

Making a claim with RACV on a home and contents insurance policy is straightforward; you can both manage existing and new claims in its online claims portal. If you’d prefer to speak to a consultant, then you can also call RACV claims on 13 19 03.

The Royal Automobile Club of Victoria (RACV) was formed as a motorists’ social club in 1903 and has been providing valuable services to millions of Victorians ever since. RACV is the trusted insurer for more than 2.1 million Australians, and employs more than 2,000 people.

RACV supports the community in a number of ways, including through the RACV Community Foundation, which gives grants of up to $20,000 to grassroots organisations to improve the lives of Victorian people in need. The Foundation has provided over $3.7 million in grants to more than 300 charities from 1977 to 2017.

Written by: William Jolly | Last updated: