Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance
Compare Budget Direct Home Insurance
See below for a snapshot of Budget Direct’s home and contents insurance products on offer for a home owner under 50 living in New South Wales to replace building and contents worth less than $550,000. To compare other home and contents insurance policies, click here.
What do Budget Direct Home and Contents Insurance policies cover?
Budget Direct offers a 30% discount on a new Home and Contents Insurance policy when you buy online. It also offers a 24/7 claims helpline and an online claims service for a wide range of covered events. An automatic sum-insured adjustment at renewal is included, while there is also a 21-day money back guarantee on your premium if you cancel your policy without making a claim.
Home and Contents Insurance
Home and Contents Insurance will cover you for the cost to repair, rebuild or replace your home and contents if they are lost, damaged or destroyed by fire, theft and bad weather, among other events. Budget Direct will also offer a 30% discount when you sign up to the comprehensive cover online.
Home Building Insurance
Budget Direct Home insurance only offers the one standalone policy for Home Insurance. It also offers a 15% discount when you sign up to a Home Insurance policy online. It will cover you for:
- Up to $20 million legal liability cover
- Home cover around your property – includes garages, verandas, fences, in-ground swimming pools and more.
- A wide range of insurance events – theft, rainwater, storm, fire and more.
- Accidental breakage – includes glass or ceramic fixtures like basins, baths and toilets.
- Temporary accommodation – includes contribution to costs of temporary relocation
- Debris removal
- Rental Income Cover – support for landlords while their investment property is out of use
- Explosion Cover
- Funeral expenses
- Mortgage discharge costs
Budget Direct’s intensive risk assessment also means lower premiums for low-risk customers.
Budget Direct Contents Insurance only offers the one policy option to choose from. It also offers a 15% discount when you sign up to a Contents Insurance policy online. It will cover you for:
- Contents that are covered include – furniture, clothing, carpets, blinds, tools, fittings, electrical appliances, above-ground swimming pools and more
- A wide range of insured events – theft, rainwater, storm, fire and more
- Accidental breakage – including basins, baths and toilets
- Cover for moving to a new house – your belongings are covered while in transit
- Open air contents coverage – contents in the open at the insured address
- Credit Card cover – up to $1000
- Uninsured guests’ contents – cover up to $500
- Replacement of locks – up to $500
- Funeral expenses
Budget Direct Insurance offers a number of optional cover policies for those that wish to personalise their cover. These options are not all available across the individual Home or Contents policies but are available in the comprehensive Home and Contents package. They include:
- Personal Effects Cover
- Motor Burnout Cover
- Accidental Damage Cover
- Choice of excess options
- Sum Insured Safeguard
Budget Direct FAQs
Building insurance covers any part of your house that is permanently fixed and not intended to move, such as your walls and roof, and even the light on your front porch. Contents insurance covers all the items within your house that are not permanent fixtures, i.e. you could move them between houses. Find out more about home and contents insurance here.
As a renter, you don’t need home insurance because your landlord should have insurance for the building you live in, and if you live in a unit/apartment or townhouse, the body corporate is legally required to have building insurance for the building.
Budget Direct offers a Renters Contents Insurance policy option, which is an easy way to protect your belongings when renting.
For landlords, a better option than home insurance is landlord insurance. Landlord insurance covers you for the same things as a home insurance policy, but with several important additions to cover you against risks from your tenants.
Depending on your choice of cover, Budget Direct Landlord Insurance may cover repairs for damage caused by your tenants, or your legal fees if you need to sue tenants who are not paying rent. Compare landlord insurance here:
If you have a recent and accurate estimate for the value of your home and contents, then it’s often a good idea to insure up to that particular sum to get your exact money’s worth.
If you don’t have an accurate idea of the above value, then you could insure for a complete replacement to give yourself peace of mind. Find out how much home insurance you need and how much contents insurance you need.
You can claim with Budget Direct either online or by phone. Budget Direct is available 24/7 on 1800 069 336.
It’ll be quicker and easier for you to lodge your claim if you have the following information handy:
- Your policy number
- Details of the incident, including time and place
- Police report number (if applicable)
- Any photos of the damage or loss
- Any damage reports (e.g. from roofers and computer technicians)
- Evidence of ownership of contents (e.g. receipts, invoices, photos)
You may wish to read the product disclosure statement to see what you can claim.
A decision will be made usually within two business days of lodging the claim; however, additional information may be required. Finally, once a decision is made and the claim is accepted, Budget Direct will repair, replace or pay the amount it would have cost to repair or replace the lost or damaged home and/or contents.
Budget Direct has insured over 1.5 million Aussies since it was founded in 2000. It is part of the International Budget Insurance group.
If you’re with Budget Direct, sign up for the Budget Direct Hail Hero App on the Apple iTunes Store or Google Play for Android so you’ll have enough warning to protect your home before a hailstorm hits.