Ozicare Home & Contents Insurance

Ozicare Life Insurance

Ozicare is a provider of a range of insurance products including home and contents, life, income protection and car insurance.

Compare Ozicare Home and Contents Insurance

The table below displays a snapshot of Ozicare’s home and contents insurance policies on Canstar’s database. The results are based on a policyholder under 50 years in Victoria for building and contents worth less than $550,000. If you are considering a Ozicare home and contents insurance policy, check upfront with Ozicare and read the PDS to confirm the details of the policy and whether it meets your needs before committing to it.

What do Ozicare Home and Contents Insurance policies cover?

Ozicare lets you choose from building insurance, contents insurance or combined building and contents insurance.

For both home and contents insurance, Ozicare says it insures policyholders for the following events:

  • Fire and explosion
  • Theft or attempted theft
  • Malicious damage, vandalism, riot or civil commotion
  • Accidental breakage of glass, ceramic or sanitary fixtures
  • Storm and rainwater
  • Lightning
  • Earthquake
  • Reasonable costs to investigate the sudden escape of liquid (such as when a pipe bursts)
  • Impact caused by vehicle, falling object, falling tree or branch, animal or bird etc.
  • Removal of debris and costs of rebuilding
  • Temporary accommodation costs

Home Insurance

According to Ozicare, its home insurance also covers you for:

  • Mortgage discharge costs
  • Legal liability as owner or owner-occupier

Contents Insurance

Ozicare says its contents-only insurance covers:

  • Replacement of locks when keys are stolen
  • Contents in the open air
  • Cover for food spoilage caused by an insured event
  • Contents temporarily removed
  • Contents when moving to a new address in Australia
  • Credit or transaction card
  • Guest and visitor belongings
  • Legal liability

Home and Contents Insurance

Ozicare home and contents insurance offers the benefits of both building insurance and contents insurance in a combined package. At the time of writing, Ozicare says you can get 30% off your premium if you combine your home and contents policies and buy online.

For a complete list of inclusions and exclusions, make sure to read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).

Compare Home & Contents Insurance

Ozicare Home and Contents Insurance FAQs

As a renter, you generally don’t need home insurance because your landlord should have insurance for the building you live in, and if you live in a unit, apartment or townhouse, the body corporate is legally required to have building insurance for the building. But you should consider getting contents insurance to protect your own possessions.

Compare Contents Insurance

For landlords, you can consider home or landlord insurance. Landlord insurance is designed to cover you for many of the same things as a home insurance policy, but with several additions to cover you against risks related to having tenants occupying your property.

Compare Home & Contents Insurance

If you have a recent and accurate estimate of the value of your home and contents, then you could consider insuring up to that particular sum.

If you don’t have an accurate idea of the above value, then you could consider insuring for a complete replacement.

You can make a claim with Ozicare over the phone.

In the event that you need to make a claim, Ozicare says you must take certain actions including:

  • Take all reasonable precautions to prevent or minimise further loss, damage or liability
  • Report any incident involving theft or malicious damage to the police as soon as possible
  • If asked, provide Ozicare with evidence of the value and ownership of goods or property that has been lost, stolen or damaged

Read the PDS or contact Ozicare for further information on what you may need to do before or while you are making a claim.

Ozicare is part of the Budget Insurance Group, which was established in the 1980s. Ozicare was introduced to Australian in 2001. Ozicare’s home and contents policies are underwritten by Auto & General Insurance Company Ltd.

Written by: Tamika Seeto | Last updated: February 7, 2019