RACQ Home & Contents Insurance
Compare RACQ home & contents insurance
See below for a snapshot of RACQ’s home & contents insurance products on offer for a home owner under 50 living in South Queensland to replace building & contents worth less than $550,000.
What do RACQ home and contents insurance policies cover?
RACQ offers home building insurance, contents insurance (for both owners and renters) plus home and contents insurance.
Home building insurance
With an RACQ home insurance policy, you are covered for:
- Insured events:
- Flood and water runoff
- Lightning and storm surges
- Explosions and leaks
- Animal damage
- Theft, vandalism and riots
- Fires, tsunamis, earthquakes and more
- $20 million worth of legal liability cover
- Temporary accommodation if your home is unliveable after the above insured events
- Up to $1,000 for loss or damage to your home caused by emergency services gaining entry to your home
- Up to $25,000 for modifications required to your home if you become disabled after an insured event
There is much more available with this policy, and you can see a complete list in the PDS document. You can also get a $50 online discount.
With an RACQ contents insurance policy, you are covered for:
- The same insured events listed above
- New-for-old replacement on your contents
- Lifetime repair guarantee
- Up to $750 to cover the cost charged by your security firm if they respond to an alarm signal
- The cost of repairing broken glass
- Up to 20% of your insured amount to demolish your home and remove any debris
As above, read the PDS to view the complete list of what you are and aren’t covered for.
Home and contents insurance
With a combined home and contents policy from RACQ you receive the benefits of both the home insurance and contents insurance policies, in addition to a $75 discount for applying online and other multi-policy discounts.
Read the PDS document for a rundown of all inclusions you can be covered for.
For landlords, a better option than home insurance is landlord insurance. Landlord insurance covers you for the same things as a home insurance policy, but with several important additions to cover you against risks from your tenants.
Currently, RACQ does not offer landlord insurance, but you can check out what else is available by comparing landlord insurance providers with Canstar:
If you have a recent and accurate estimate for the value of your home and contents, then it’s often a good idea to insure up to that particular sum to get your exact money’s worth.
If you don’t have an accurate idea of the above value, then you could insure for a complete replacement to give yourself peace of mind. Find out how much home insurance you need and how much contents insurance you need.
If you need to make a claim on your home insurance policy, then doing so with RACQ is a straightforward process. On RACQ’s claims page, it lists a four-step process:
- Call emergency services in the event of an emergency
- Check your insurance policy to see what you’re entitled to claim
- Collect the required information, such as your RACQ policy number, the date and details of the incident, proof of ownership of any damaged or stolen property, and anything else that can speed up the process
- Contact RACQ either by calling 13 7202 or by visiting your nearest branch
To apply for an RACQ home insurance policy, first compare your options in Canstar’s home insurance comparison tables. Then go to RACQ’s website and get a quote. This process should only take a few minutes at most.
The Royal Automobile Club of Queensland (RACQ) was originally founded over 100 years ago in 1904. Nowadays, RACQ is known as ‘Queensland’s Largest Club’ and offers a number of insurance products such as car, life, home & contents and travel insurance. It has a vast rewards program for its members, which consists of anything from discounted movie tickets to hotel and flight deals.
RACQ Home & Contents
> $550K2017 Star Ratings Report