Bupa Home & Contents Insurance
Compare Bupa home and contents insurance
Here’s a snapshot of Bupa home and contents insurance policies for policy holders aged below 50 years, whose total claimable amount is below $550K in New South Wales. To compare other home and contents insurance policies, click here.
What do Bupa home and contents insurance policies cover?
Bupa lets you choose from home insurance, contents insurance or a combined home and contents insurance policy. All come with several bonuses such as discounts for over 50s, discounts for combined cover and fast policy access with the company’s mobile app, Grow by Bupa .
Bupa home insurance covers you for:
- Some of the costs of rebuilding including demolition, surveyor, architect and legal fees
- Natural disasters and extreme weather
- Accidental breakage, theft or vandalism
- Motor burnout
- Glass breakage
- Collision of a falling tree or branch
- Alternative accommodation
- Replacing, repairing and recoding of locks and keys
Bupa contents insurance covers:
- New for old replacement, regardless of age
- Theft, loss or damage of items including furniture, household goods electrical appliances, furnishings, clothing and personal belongings
- Credit card and transaction card misuse
- Damage due to extreme weather
- Accidental damage
- Food and medication spoilage (up to $1,000)
- Specified items away from home, anywhere in the world for up to 90 consecutive days
- Vet expenses if your pet is injured
- Specified valuable items such as paintings or artwork
Building insurance covers any part of your house that is permanently fixed and not intended to move, such as your walls and roof, and even the light on your front porch. Contents insurance covers all the items within your house that are not permanent fixtures, i.e. you could move them between houses. Find out more about home and contents insurance here.
As a renter, you don’t need home insurance because your landlord should have insurance for the building you live in, and if you live in a unit/apartment or townhouse, the body corporate is legally required to have building insurance for the building. But you should certainly get contents insurance to protect your own possessions. Many providers offer specialised renters’ insurance policies.
For landlords, a better option than home insurance is landlord insurance. Landlord insurance covers you for the same things as a home insurance policy, but with several important additions to cover you against risks from your tenants.
Depending on your choice of cover, Bupa landlord insurance may cover repairs for damage caused by your tenants, or your legal fees if you need to sue tenants who are not paying rent. Compare landlord insurance here:
If you have a recent and accurate estimate for the value of your home and contents, then it’s often a good idea to insure up to that particular sum to get your exact money’s worth. If you don’t have an accurate idea of the above value, then you could insure for a complete replacement to give yourself peace of mind. Find out how much home insurance you need and how much contents insurance you need.
You can make an insurance claim by filling in a form online or by calling Bupa’s phone hotline or contacting via email. This includes all quotes, materials sourcing and legislative requirements needed to make repairs to your home, as well as helping you source replacement items if your contents have been lost or damaged.
Different insurers have different claims processes, so make sure to compare different home insurance claim apps that will make your life easier.
Bupa was founded in the UK, and it established itself in the 1930s in Australia to help people cover the cost of their hospital treatment. It was formed by three main health providers: HBA, MBF and Mutual Community. Today, Bupa is present in over 190 countries.
Bupa has an amazing list of online health tools and calculators that you can use to track your progress towards your health and fitness goals. Mobile apps from Bupa Australia that can help you find a healthier you include:
- Bupa App: Make a health insurance claim on the go. Find a healthcare provider near you. Update your policy’s details or change policies.
- medAdvisor: Your pocket pharmacist, reminding you to take your meds at the right time and how to take them safely.
- FoodSwitch: Create shopping lists and find healthier versions of each product. Filters include diets to reduce salt, reduce fat and cholesterol, reduce kilojoules (calories), reduce sugar and gluten-free.
- Choosing a care home: Work through checklists to find an aged care home near you, evaluate the services provided by the home and look for the signposts of quality care.
- Health age calculator: Try this calculator to work out where you need to make changes to get your fitness on track.
Bupa has won the coveted CANSTAR Award for Outstanding Value Health Insurance in 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010 and 2009. One of the keys to its success is its development of health insurance policies specifically targeted to the needs of different life stages, such as Young Singles, Growing Families and Live Well cover.
We highly recommend the live well food series on Bupa Australia’s YouTube channel. Bupa asks the Australian public many important health questions such as “How do you get a baby to sleep?” and “Do you find it hard to talk about cancer?”
Bupa also supports the community with the Bupa Health Foundation, established in 2005. This foundation has invested over $26 million in national initiatives for wellbeing, chronic disease, healthy ageing and affordable healthcare.
Source: Bupa Australia
Bupa works to protect our environment. Since 2014, Bupa has invested more than $17 million in renewable energy, technical energy upgrades and employee engagement projects towards its environmental sustainability goals. Bupa was recognised as the 2015 ABA100 Winner in the Australian Business Awards (ABA) for Sustainability for its carbon reduction measures.
Accidental Damage Home & Contents
New South Wales
< $550K2017 Star Ratings Report