Bendigo Bank Home & Contents Insurance

Bendigo Bank

Bendigo Bank is a provider of home and contents insurance, online banking, home loans, car insurance, credit cards, savings accounts, life insurance, travel insurance and other investment products.

Compare Bendigo Bank home and contents insurance

Here’s a snapshot of Bendigo Bank home and contents insurance policies for policy holders aged below 50 years, whose total claimable amount is below $550K in New South Wales. To compare other home and contents insurance policies, click here.


Compare Home & Contents Insurance

What do Bendigo Bank home and contents insurance policies cover?

Bendigo Bank lets you choose from home insurance, contents insurance or a combined home and contents Insurance policy. All come with several bonuses such as discounts and extra benefits for combined cover, as well as fast policy access.

Home insurance

Bendigo Bank home insurance covers you for:

  • Some of the costs of rebuilding including demolition, and legal liability cover
  • Natural disasters and extreme weather
  • Accidental breakage, theft or vandalism
  • Motor burnout
  • Compensation for death
  • Temporary accommodation/rental costs
  • Glass breakage

Contents insurance

Bendigo Bank contents insurance covers:

  • ‘New for old’ cover for belongings
  • Theft, loss or damage of items including furniture, household goods, electrical appliances, furnishings, clothing and personal belongings
  • Credit card theft/misuse
  • Damage due to extreme weather
  • Accidental damage
  • Spoilage of perishable food
  • Specified items away from home, anywhere in Australia and New Zealand
  • Replacement of locks and keys
  • Veterinary costs


 Compare Home & Contents Insurance

Bendigo Bank FAQs

Building insurance covers any part of your house that is permanently fixed and not intended to move, such as your walls and roof, and even the light on your front porch. Contents insurance covers all the items within your house that are not permanent fixtures, i.e. you could move them between houses. Find out more about home and contents insurance here.

As a renter, you don’t need home insurance because your landlord should have insurance for the building you live in, and if you live in a unit/apartment or townhouse, the body corporate is legally required to have building insurance for the building. But you should certainly get contents insurance to protect your own possessions. Many providers offer specialised renters’ insurance policies.

For landlords, a better option than home insurance is landlord insurance. Landlord insurance covers you for the same things as a home insurance policy, but with several important additions to cover you against risks from your tenants.

Depending on your choice of cover, Bendigo Bank landlord insurance may cover repairs for damage caused by your tenants, or your legal fees if you need to sue tenants who are not paying rent. Compare landlord insurance here:

Compare Landlord Insurance

If you have a recent and accurate estimate for the value of your home and contents, then it’s often a good idea to insure up to that particular sum to get your exact money’s worth. If you don’t have an accurate idea of the above value, then you could insure for a complete replacement to give yourself peace of mind. Find out how much home insurance you need and how much contents insurance you need.

You can make an insurance claim either by calling Bendigo Bank’s phone hotline on 132 480 or lodging your claim online using its dedicated online portal. It takes roughly 10 minutes to submit a claim and can be done 24/7 – making those late night problems a bit more manageable.

Once your claim has been submitted, the claims team will determine if a claims assessor will be required to visit your home regarding repairs and replacements.

Different insurers have different claims processes, so make sure to compare different home insurance claim apps that will make your life easier.

Founded in 1858, Bendigo Bank now has more than 150 years of experience in providing home loans. Today it serves around 1.5 million customers around the country.

Bendigo Bank in Victoria and Adelaide Bank in South Australia both began as building societies striving to help Australians buy their own home. The two banks have now come together to operate the following financial services brands:

  • Bendigo Bank
  • Adelaide Bank
  • Sandhurst Trustees
  • Leveraged
  • Rural Bank
  • Delphi Bank
  • Community Sector Banking
  • Homesafe Solutions

Bendigo Bank recently created the Communities crowdfunding platform, which enables customers and staff to connect with other like-minded people and open financial doors for a group or project:

Source: Bendigo Bank

Apart from encouraging Australians to make a difference for others, Bendigo Bank takes its own corporate and social responsibility seriously. So far it has poured $148 million back into the community through community partnerships, scholarships, community campaigns and programs, community banking, fundraising and grants, and not-for-profit banking.

Compare People’s Choice Home and Contents Insurance

Written by: Regina Collins | Last updated: