Kogan Home & Contents Insurance

Kogan logo

Kogan Insurance, as well as being a popular online retailer, is a provider of a range of insurance products including home and contents, landlord, car, travel, health, pet and life insurance.

Compare Kogan Home and Contents Insurance

The table below displays a snapshot of Kogan Insurance’s home and contents insurance policies on Canstar’s database. The results are based on a policyholder under 50 years of age in Victoria for building and contents worth less than $550,000. If you are considering a Kogan home and contents insurance policy, check upfront with Kogan and read the PDS to confirm the details of the policy and whether it meets your needs before committing to it.

What do Kogan Home and Contents Insurance policies cover?

Kogan Insurance offers home and contents and contents-only insurance.

Kogan offers two levels of coverage across its home and contents insurance policies:

  • Top contents insurance
  • Essential contents insurance

Contents Only Insurance

Kogan Contents Only policies cover you for:

  • Accidental glass breakage
  • Events such as fire and explosion, malicious damage, theft, storm, rainwater, flood, lightning, earthquake, tsunami, volcanic eruption, riot civil commotion or industrial unrest, impact damage, bursting, leaking, discharge or overflow of water or liquids
  • New for old replacement on most items if they’re damaged or stolen
  • Belongings in your home office
  • Personal liability

Home and Contents Insurance

Kogan’s home and contents insurance offers all of the above benefits of contents-only policies. In addition, it covers:

  • Emergency accommodation
  • Removal of debris
  • Replacement of locks
  • Funeral expenses
  • Discharge of mortgage costs

For a complete list of inclusions and exclusions, make sure to read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).

Compare Home & Contents Insurance

Kogan Home and Contents Insurance FAQs

As a renter, you generally don’t need home insurance because your landlord should have insurance for the building you live in, and if you live in a unit, apartment or townhouse, the body corporate is legally required to have building insurance for the building. But you should consider getting contents insurance to protect your own possessions.

Compare Contents Insurance

For landlords, you can consider either a home or landlord insurance. Landlord insurance is designed to cover you for many of the same things as a home insurance policy, but with several additions to cover you against risks related to having tenants occupying your property.

Kogan’s landlord insurance policies offer cover you for a range of insured events (think fires, storms, theft, malicious damage by tenants etc.). It also offers the option of adding rent default if your tenant leaves without paying rent.

Compare Landlord Insurance

If you have a recent and accurate estimate of the value of your home and contents, then you could consider insuring up to that particular sum.

If you don’t have an accurate idea of the above value, then you could consider insuring for a complete replacement.

You can make a claim with Kogan over the phone or by completing an online claims form.

Kogan’s portfolio of retail and services businesses includes Kogan Retail, Kogan Marketplace, Kogan Mobile and Kogan Insurance. Kogan Insurance was established in 2017 and includes home, contents, landlord, car and travel insurance. Kogan Insurance is underwritten by The Hollard Insurance Company.

Written by: Tamika Seeto | Last updated: February 7, 2019